WTD: Downhill bike – full bike or frame only.

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD: Downhill bike – full bike or frame only.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WTD: Downhill bike – full bike or frame only.
  • biking_jk

I currently ride a 222 and looking to upgrade.

I am pretty open on what to replace it with, but needs to be about 2008 onwards and if just a frame preferably with a shock included.

I am looking for medium to large size as I am 5′ 10″.

hey JK
    how about a nice demo with dhx5 coil
    its in very good nic ! :mrgreen:

Premier Icon tomhoward

Bit older than youre asking but….

Open to offers

Just about to advertise my Intense socom, large, with 350lb ti spring:

Click through for more full-res pics

In edinburgh, after £800 for that lot. I could maybe be flexible if you need other bits with it, e.g. a 150mm pro2 rear hub/wheel, different weight spring etc. etc.

EDIT: Oh, it’s the newer, slightly slacker, 2009 front end which I got replaced after an issue with the ISCG mounts on the old one – the back end’s from the end of 07. Selling it as I basically stopped racing DH in 09 and it’s not been getting any use, so I rebuilt the parts I had on it onto an El Guapo.

350lb spring suits me at about 83kg with a preference for slightly softer spring and heavier damping.

Thanks for the links guys. Jimmy – the Demo just doesn’t feel like the right bike mate.

Teased by the Intense. I had not considered it so far. I will do some research and get back to you. Looks pretty in the photographs though.

Glad you like the pics, decided to put some effort into taking some good ones tonight 🙂 Tried to show the condition as best I can, though if you’re interested could maybe arrange to meetup to see it depending where you are.

Hi IA,

I have done some more research and I do not think the Socom is right for the DH racing that I want to do.

Sorry to dissappoint.

Fair enough.

I mostly used it for SDAs and the odd hamsterly race, it’s well suited to them (though maybe something bigger for fort bill/glencoe). Did a mega on it, but if i was racing avalanche cups etc i’d want something bigger too.

Hey biking_jk

Got a 2011 devinci wilson for sale, size medium, full bike.
    fox 40s kashima coated stantions
    e13 crank
    saint brakes
    renthal bars
    staightline chain device
    2.5 pairs of wheels
    hope pro 2 hubs mavic 729 rims
    DT swiss hubs on 729 rims
    non brand rear hub on 721 rim

its been heli taped from new and I’d describe it as mint.
    email me for more details and pics

Hi Matt,

The Divinci sounds amazing. I have seen those knocking about and they look good and great reviews. But it sounds too expensive for me. I suspect you’ll be looking for more than a grand or so 🙂

I’m sure you won’t have a problem shifting it.

Hi Jim

I have a 2010 demo 8 (monster ltd edition)size med
    2010 fox 40’s
    hope tech M4’s
    Slx drivetrain
    renthal bars
    specialized hubs w mavic rims.

ping me an email if you want more info or pics

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Downhill bike – full bike or frame only.’ is closed to new replies.