WTD dot 5.1 brake fluid for less than a fiver!

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD dot 5.1 brake fluid for less than a fiver!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • WTD dot 5.1 brake fluid for less than a fiver!
  • as above really, i don’t mind if the bottle is open as long as most of the fluid is still in it! am after a 250ml bottle or more would be even better!
    Thanks Andy

Netdonkey

Pop into Halfords. They dot 5.1 in 250ml containers for £5.29 in the automotive dept. Dont go into the bike bit they have a 100% mark up on the bike branded stuff (it is the same). Link here 😀

Pitto

I second netdonkey. Have used the stuff for a few years on my hope mono m4’s without fault.

mark_b

I’ve an open bottle (for Hope brakes?) you can have but doesn’t it degrade after a while ? Near Leeds if that’s any good for you -doubt an open bottle would post well….

Pieface

Petrol stations sometimes sell it.

loneomen

i second that second, i use my local TMS (trade motor spares i think) and can get 1 litre for about £8.50 or something, motor factors are the way forward for DOT brake fluid. And yes, DOT brake fluid is hygroscopic, absorbs moisture from atmosphere, so an open bottle is usually waste if its old (more than a few months i would say depending on how vigilant you are with the lid)
    🙂

cheers for the advice guys it looks like i’m going to be paying a trip to halfords very soon!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘WTD dot 5.1 brake fluid for less than a fiver!’ is closed to new replies.