WTD: Budget Rockshox forks (also consider manitou, and higher-end suntour)

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD: Budget Rockshox forks (also consider manitou, and higher-end suntour)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • WTD: Budget Rockshox forks (also consider manitou, and higher-end suntour)
  • mbqwerty

I’m looking at getting some cheaper rockshox forks for the reasons detailed below. Something along the lines of 80-120mm travel. Nothing too expensive (think WELL under £100) for the reasons below. Disc brake compatible obviously, not too upset if the stanchions are a little marked etc, as long as they don’t leak and still work relatively smoothly.

I’ve most of a carerra kraken sitting in my garage after I picked it up cheap to salvage parts from for a steel hardtail build. That’s all builtup now and a lot of the parts have been upgraded so the bike’s just sitting there gathering dust.

I’ve a few friends who’d love to try MTBing but don’t have anything to ride so looking at building it up into something I can lend out to them. The forks it came with have tried to kill me on more than one occasion so I’d rather not put someone I like on a bike with those forks.

Oh and a sidenote: I doubt anyone on here has Dart 1 forks, but if you have em, I don’t want em! May consider later Dart models and other brands of forks such as manitou, Marzocchi, higher end suntour like the Raidon airs. What have you got?

Premier Icon schmiken
    Subscriber

£80 posted for some Rockshox Recon?

ricky1

I have some tora’s but they are coil,in good nick,£50 posted

mbqwerty

Hi Ricky. Any photos? Email is in my profile. And Schmiken, that’s really getting up to the top end of my budget, around the £50 mark is closer to what I was thinking. It’s really just going to be a backup/friend loaner bike to get people around Cannock.
    Where abouts are you based Ricky? If you’re local I could always pick them up and save some on the postage (yes… I’m THAT cheap)

Premier Icon wiggles
    Subscriber

£60 posted for some manitou nixons.

115-145mm of adjustable coil plushness. Plus they are all black, which is cool these days 😉

1/8 steere, QR wheel

ricky1

I’m off to work so I’ll email you some pics later on,I’m up north in clitheroe,I can post in the morning if it’s to far for you to come.

mbqwerty

Hi Wiggles, just a bit much travel for this bike cheers. Smaller is better really (to a point of course!). Something like 80-120 is ideal but no higher. Cheers Ricky, yeah clitheroe is a quite a bit out my way so posting might be better. I’ll wait for the pics to come through and have a think. Any more out there in the mean time?

Premier Icon iain1775
    Subscriber

Got some old Marzocchi Bomber M2 Comp’s
    White, QR, post mount, 200mm long 1 1/8th steerer
    120 or 130mm travel I think not sure exactly (sure google will know)
    Old, heavy but nice and smooth and stanchions in good nick, lowers cosmetically quite scuffed
    I’d only be after £35 collected from Derby or could meet at Cannock or somewhere north midlands
    I CBA to post them anywhere though, be too expensive for what there probably worth

mbqwerty

Sorted! Cheers Ricky

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Budget Rockshox forks (also consider manitou, and higher-end suntour)’ is closed to new replies.