WTD – Bontrager Rythm Front Hub 15mm conversion kit

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD – Bontrager Rythm Front Hub 15mm conversion kit

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • WTD – Bontrager Rythm Front Hub 15mm conversion kit
  • neiloxford

Had the same problem months ago…ordered from LBS in the end, cheapish from memory…

bobgarrod

I changed an older set of Rhythm Pros from 20mm to QR by using

DT Swiss Conversion Kit 20mm to QR Front
    Fits 440 – FR 2350 from Chain reaction.

I was told by importer impossible to do this but it worked (the hubs were bontys but seeemed same as dt swiss from pictures

They also do a kit 20mm to 15mm

DT Swiss Conversion Kit 20mm to 15mm Front
    Fits 440

If doesn’t work just send them back

davidxbrown

Someone out there must have an unused/unwanted Rythm Front hub conversion kit to take it down from 20mm to 15mm.

davidxbrown

@bobgarrod thanks for that £26.99 from CR is way better than £47.98 for the Bonty kit assuming it fits OK? still riles me that a Hope kit is only about £15

Very tempted to buy a Hope Pro2 hub and rebuild the wheel especially as the bearings are not in the first flush of youth so to speak!

bobgarrod

well worked for me ok – let me know how you get on. At the worst you will only have to send them back and i think it’s free postage now anyway .
    £47.98 – bloody hell . Bearings – prob about £10 if i remember correctly 6805RS – rings a bell.

neiloxford

If that does not work beeline cycles in oxford ordered me some from trek for around £10, no idea where you got the £50 quote ! They are 2 pieces of plastic !

neiloxford

Part number 412919 I think for the bonty end caps

davidxbrown

Hi Neil thanks for the part number, the price £47.98 came from a Trek Dealer, like you say there is not much to them!

Found a US dealer price at $14.99 but they have no stock, will query the price me thinks.

Cheers for the info

davidxbrown

Turns out my hub year 2009 also requires an axle conversion hence the higher price, newer hubs only require the end caps. Think I’ve talked myself into rebuilding the wheel with a Hope Pro 2 hub and be done with it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘WTD – Bontrager Rythm Front Hub 15mm conversion kit’ is closed to new replies.