WTD: A couple of pair of disc MTB wheels as cheap as possible to help a friend!

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD: A couple of pair of disc MTB wheels as cheap as possible to help a friend!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • WTD: A couple of pair of disc MTB wheels as cheap as possible to help a friend!
  • Premier Icon PePPeR
    Subscriber

I have a friend who lost both his bikes off the back of his car a few months ago, now I’ve offered to help him get them back together again.

They weren’t his bikes as he’d borrowed them from I think his brother, so he’s had to pay out for new bikes and been left with two forlorn looking bits of metal in his shed!

Now he’s not got much money (the bikes aren’t that special compared to the dream bikes that we tend to lust after and own on here) But they are cable disc wheels that I need to get repaired. two of the wheels I reckon I can get somewhere near true again, but the other pair are totally mangled.

Anyone got a pair of cheapo disc wheels, and some tyres as somehow the tyres have ended up disapearing too???? We all have tyre mountains and I reckon I can find a pair of suitable tyres for him for one bike but am then running up short as my bikes are all 29er these days!

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks for looking

Pepper

withersea

If you are anywhere near Leeds happy to provide some tyres from my tyre collection.

Premier Icon PePPeR
    Subscriber

Hmm Leeds I’m Warwickshire based, but do have a colleague who works in that area..

Will see if anyone has anything a little closer as I’m mainly southern based and travel all over the South West

Thanks for the offer though 🙂

weeble

How cheap you looking at?

The Rookie

I’m in Warwickshire (Leam’ Spa), have a pair of sunringle Ditch Witch rims on Shimano M475 hubs for sale, solid and true. £40 or £45 with a pair of ‘useable’ tyres on them with tubes.

Email addy in profile

Simon

snowpaul

I can definitely help with a set of wheels and a front wheel and plenty of tyres.. based cheshire but mates live in warwickshire…

fire me an email

snowpaul at hotmail co uk

paul

Premier Icon PePPeR
    Subscriber

Thank you all for your kind offers of help. Simon has sorted the problem out handsomely!

Going up my workshop first thing in the morning!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘WTD: A couple of pair of disc MTB wheels as cheap as possible to help a friend!’ is closed to new replies.