WTD: £50 hydro disc brakes

Home Forum Classifieds – For Sale WTD: £50 hydro disc brakes

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • WTD: £50 hydro disc brakes
  • Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

After a few days of head scratching, I’ve actually managed to get a rear IS mount on the back of the Cannondale, so once again I’m after a pair of brakes – Deore of Juicy 3’s.

IS mount 160mm, and max £50 posted, paypal waiting. It’s the wife’s bike, and currently it’s brakeless, so it’s moderately urgent.

Anyone have anything?

Thanks.

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

Could do you a pair of Avid BB7s with rotors, but no levers for £50 posted.
    stw ‘at’ mtbperthshire.co.uk

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Pair of Juicy 5’s, but you’ll need to a bit of re-assembly/bleeding (just on the rear I think)

Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

geoffj – I’m upgrading from an Avid BB5\Archrival V combo at the moment – they’ve never performed as I’d hoped, so I think it’s time for hydro-discs. Thanks anyway.

Woody – any chance of some pics? what sort of condition are they in, and other than needing a bleed, are they all in working order?

XC_PK

Pair of Haynes So1e with rotors for £50 posted?

aP

Got a front Hope Mini with IS.

Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

Forgot to mention – I don’t need rotors if both brakes are 160mm.

XC_PK – not got on with all the So1e brakes I’ve tried – thanks anyway.

Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

aP – Ideally I need a pair – Girls don’t seem to like odd brake levers. Neither do I for that matter, but I’m a bike tart.

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

I’ll sort you some pics out later mate. In decent nick, and working as far as I know. I got them as part of a swapsie deal, fitted them, but then got some Hopes so swapped them out without using them. Front has quite a short hose too if that makes a difference.

Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

Horatio – you going to let the auction run on those, or willing to end early? I’ll have to go and check if the hoses are long enough – the bike is short, but the caliper mounts at an odd angle, so will need a bit more hose…

Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

Horatio – scratch that – I’ve measured up, and there’s no way the rear hose will reach. Thanks anyway.

mj_jonesy

Woody – if Kaysee doesn’t have them can i have 2nd dibs please?

Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

woody – I’m still interested in pics if you have them. I don’t suppose you could let me know the hose lengths as well?

Just out of interest, do you know what bike they came off?

if you’d rather email pics, use ST at KAYSEE dot CO dot UK

Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

Cheeky morning bump. Any more offers?

Dan

I have a pair of Juicy 3’s that you can have for £50, they have had little use and have one new pair of pads and one slightly worn pair in them … only thing I have 203mm rotors for them. There are probably peeps out there with rotors to swap … anyway if that is any use let me know.

Dan.

Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

Dan – rotor size isn’t problem, I can sort that easily. Do the levers have a reach adjust of any sort? If so, I’m very interested.

Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

Dan – it might be better to move this to email? if so, drop me a line on st at kaysee dot co dot uk. If you have pics handy, that would be good…

Dan

no worries, ygm.

Premier Icon kaysee
    Subscriber

Right, thanks to Dan i’m now sorted – jonesy – if you’d like Woody’s brakes, they’re all yours.

Thanks all.

mj_jonesy

Hey Woody, Interested in the Juicy 5’s

Can you drop me a mail @ m.jones_99@ntlworld.com

Premier Icon jam bo
    Subscriber

there are some new deore 575’s i think that are £50 an end brand new. they were featured on the dirtmag website a few days ago.

mj_jonesy

Woody where are you? ;O)

Premier Icon woody2000
    Subscriber

Sorry, sorry! Busy weekend 🙂

Pics here:

Front hose is 65cm, rear is 109cm

My email is j(dot)wood(at)freeuk(dot)com if you want to know anything else

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘WTD: £50 hydro disc brakes’ is closed to new replies.