WTD: 18" (ish) hardtail frame

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD: 18" (ish) hardtail frame

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • WTD: 18" (ish) hardtail frame
  • r17anm

Hi i have a black commencal ramones 1 2010 which i bought from leisure lakes in may this year. Im trying to get hold of an orange five frame to swap the parts over to would you be interested in the frame its 19 inch ?

Premier Icon nowik
    Subscriber

Have a Cotic Soda in medium which has just been proffesionally repaired as it had a hairline crack on the seat stay.
    Was looking for £300 posted.

tomilett

r17anm, thanks for the offer, was thinking of something a bit steeper angled than that though.

nowic, how tall are you? I’m 5’11” but not looking for a very long bike so it could be just right. Looking at the Cotic website they say the top tube is 23.25″, but don’t say if this is directly along the tube or horizontally, can you let me know? Do you have a receipt from the Ti repair?

Thanks,

Tom

Premier Icon nowik
    Subscriber

I am 5 10″ sorry no reciept as it went in and out the back door
    😉

I am only selling it as have a Soul also

tomilett

Hi,
    I’m after a replacement frame for my “other” mountain bike, I have a 17″ Mythic Viento frame at the moment but it’s just a bit too small (I would be willing to swap if desired). Not looking to spend too much, probably around the £150 mark give or take. Don’t really fancy steel, and not willing to pay for Ti, certainly don’t want carbon, so a nice Alu frame would be spot on. I have Pike’s on the bike at the moment but don’t necessarily need a frame that can take 140mm, may go back to some Reba’s or similar shortly.
    drop me an email at tomilett AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk or reply to this if you have anything I might be interested in.
    Thanks,
    Tom

DanW

Hi Tom,

I have a Commencal NUTS VIP XC frame for sale (Medium). This was Commencal’s top of the line XC team issue frame and has traditional XC seat and head tube angles. It was a real blast for ripping singletrack and is the most beautifully balanced bike I have ever owned. It was a real pleasure to know I only had to give it a quick wipe in Winter and it would be ready to go again- not like a fully!

I have not used this since my first year of uni a couple of years back as I went to full sus (too much of a wimp for the S. Wales trails!). It was a £500 frame when new and has some cosmetic marks- hence, I’d only be asking £150.

Am I right in thinking you used to be at Cardiff uni? Might be thinking of someone else so apologies if I am mistaken! If you are local to Cardiff then you are more than welcome to take a look and measure up etc.

Just let me know if you are interested, Dan

sk8erdj50[at]hotmail[dot]com

tomilett

Hi Dan, I am indeed ex-Cardiff and I do remember that frame from a few years back. I’m in Bristol nowadays but am in Cardiff on Monday so could take a look then, I fear it may be a bit “too XC” though, I have an XC race bike also so was looking for something a little chunkier, and the kit i’ll be fitting to it is a bit all mountain. I’ll let you know if I want to take a look, quite interested in the Soda though!

nowic, is it the 31.6mm seat tube version (09 onwards)? can you also confirm the length, as if it’s the horizontal effective top tube length it may be a little small. Also, where are you based?

Tom

DanW

Hi again Tom,

If you fancy a look just let me know with a bit of advance warning and I sure we can sort something out. It looks much less XC without the barends I used to have and with risers on now 😀 I understand what you mean though…

Do you ride with the Castle bikes crew from Caerphilly occasionally too? Just curious, sorry to be nosy!

Dan

tomilett

Nowic, I have had a bit more of a look on the Cotic website and the medium is certainly the right size, can you email me a picture of the frame and of the repair. So long as there’s nothing obvious wrong there I’ll definitely have it off you.

Dan, I will let you know tomorrow if the Soda falls through. I worked in Castle bikes for a year and do still head over there for a ride every now and then, you go out with them too?
    Tom

JamieMc

Ive got an ’08 specialized Stumpjumper frame if that fits the bill, got some SIDs on it at the moment too if interested. Only thing is im out of the country till the middle of November if you were interested and wanted it quick.

JamieMc

If interested

JamieMc

If interested

tomilett

Blimey, the choices, the choices!
    After spending a lot of time with tape measures and both my MTB’s (and looking at the bank balance and weighing up the chances of getting any money back for the old frame) I’ve decided I’ll just get a longer seatpost for the current frame and see how that goes, very bizarrely my XC race bike is only marginally longer than the other one, despite feeling much longer, must be the height of the bars & the angles?!
    Apologies for the hassle, good luck selling your frames.
    Tom

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘WTD: 18" (ish) hardtail frame’ is closed to new replies.