Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • WTB Stout – anyone use them?
  • BillOddie

As the title really..what are they like as an allround tyre?

Wear ok?

Cheers

baldSpot
    Free Member

had a WTB Stout and it split after very little use – avoid

BillOddie

No one else?

MrTall
    Free Member

Meant to be very good up front in the 29er version but don’t know about 26″. Bonesetter off here has used one and a chap off Bikemagic also but again, both using the 29er version.

Ed-O
    Free Member

SinglespeedStu has used the 29er version and I seemed to remenber him saying that they were super grippy but a bit draggy for his usage.

I tried a 29er version on the front of a freak bike that I rode for a while. Seemed good to me, grippy enough, not a mud tyre (but who wants to ride in mud?), nice big volume. I had a 26″ one on the back and didn’t find it too draggy, but in Calderdale a bit of drag is no big deal, with the short climbs and steep descents. Must dig out my 26er and give it more of a go.

Throw caution to the wind and try some. At least you’ll have a different tyre to talk about.

singlespeedstu

Ed-O – Member

SinglespeedStu has used the 29er version and I seemed to remenber him saying that they were super grippy but a bit draggy for his usage.

That pretty much sums my thoughts on the 29er version up.

BillOddie

I’ll give em a go – cheers!

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Stout and Prowler combo (2.3) for 8 months now and I really like them. I would rate them higher than the Kenda Blue Groove / Nevegal combo (ducks for cover), though the WTB are heavy (840 -860g each), I felt that they were easier pushed than the Kenda. Grip ise they are superb and they haven’t let me down yet. Not great in mud, but what ‘non-mud’ tyre is?

Wear rate is okay, just as you would expect for a soft compound tyre.

To be honest, performance wise they were so good that I bought another pair to have in stock for when the current set wear out.

At £14.99 – £18.99 a pop they are worth a go IMO. 🙂

ozzo
    Free Member

Just got some and were superb on a ride around Ingleton/Horton – superb grip on dry limestone – but not many tyres aren’t to be honest. Yet to try in the wet and gloopy stuff. Ask me again on Monday as I’m off to 7 staines this weekend for 2 days. Was suprised for such a soft feeling tyre how much they roll – much less drag than kenda sticke’s

WhatafackinLiberty
    Free Member

Ozzo.

I live in the Tweed Valley, you’ll be fine with the WTB on the kitty trails of the 7 ‘Stains’. 8)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘WTB Stout – anyone use them?’ is closed to new replies.