Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • WTB Raddler vs. Nano vs. Resolute ??
  • hardtailonly

Yes. Another ‘what gravel tyre?’ question, but a quite specific one.

I’ve used the Resolute before. I liked the comfort, rolling speed and grip on dry / mild-damp trails, but found the steering a bit vague, and pretty scary in mud.

I’ve had the Nano’s before (albeit a cheaper, wire bead, non tubeless version) maybe a bit slower rolling, but better off road in mixed/muddy conditions.

I’d like a ‘fit & forget’ tyre, that will be good enough in UK conditions all year, whilst still rolling well. I’m drawn to the larger volume of the Raddler 700×44, and the more aggressive tread compared to the Resolute. Plus, it’s not too expensive @ £30 per tyre.

So, anyone with experience of 2, or all 3 of these tyres, care to comment?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I was window shopping the crc sale a while ago and saw the wire bead 40mm Nanos going for ten squids.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/wtb-nano-comp-cyclocross-tyre/rp-prod121983

hardtailonly

I was window shopping the crc sale a while ago and saw the wire bead 40mm Nanos going for ten squids

Which is fine … but I do want tubeless and the better compound.

jamesfts
    Free Member

Have tried Sendero/Riddler/Raddler/Resolute, think the Resolute is the best all rounder/fit and forget option tbh.

Senderos are better in softer conditions but terrifying on wet rock and slower in general, Riddlers are useless at everything, Raddler and Resolutes are pretty similar – would say if you spend most time off road Raddler might have the edge as you can get it in a 44 rather than 42.

Might give the Goodyear Connector Ultimates a go next in a 50.

stingmered

Looking at the tread, all those tyres will be rubbish in the mud. Learn to ride fast in the mud with those and it will make you a better MTBr! That said, my only practical experience is of the Raddler in 700×44 guise on a gravel bike – brilliant tyre for gravel all year round with the mud caveat (but actually quite fun sliding around to the death!) Make sure you get in g2 casing otherwise it will puncture/tear just looking at a rock.

Futureboy77

I’ve used Nano’s and currently using 44 Raddlers.

I don’t think about them, so I guess that makes them fit and forget. They roll not too badly on the road for a reasonably chunky tire.

WildHunter2009

Have 44 Raddlers on the Fairlight. Not much experience with other options but i’m pretty impressed. Seem to roll ok on the road always pleasantly surprised offroad. Seem to be wearing well.

P20

Quite liked Nano’s. Raddlers seemed ok, but prefer Terravail Rutland for all round. Running 47mm up front.

hardtailonly

prefer Terravail Rutland for all round. Running 47mm up front

Yeah, but at nearly twice the price, its not really on my shortlist.

tenfoot

I’ve had Raddlers but they didn’t seem as robust as Nanos, so I went back to Nanos.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.