WTB Pure Alternative

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by  jayx2a.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • WTB Pure Alternative
  • jayx2a

I’m now on my 3rd Pure and the quality of them in my opinion has gone a bit downhill.

My original Pure had some leather type covering but the new WTB saddles have some sort of rubbery coating which seems to crease up (maybe because I am a fat bastard) and my current one has got loose rails after about 6 months of use.

Looking for something that is hopefully of a similar width and fit – was tempted by some of the Ergon saddles – SMA3 I think, but they get mixed reviews and stocks seem to be pretty low everywhere.

Anyone switched with success from a Pure?

jayx2a

I guess its just a gamble! My LBS has a pretty poo slection so its online!

jayx2a

Selle Italia Flite Flow any good? Its correct width for a start!

Review: Selle Italia Flite Flow Saddle

The slr is nothing like the shape of yours so try and find something similar … i had and liked the pure years ago and now have a spoon Flat which is perfect . Plus they do a test scheme

Specialized Henge saddle was also very good

zezaskar

Used Pures for 4 years. Was in constant “fear” it would be the only saddle I could use.

Then my last one was destroyed and I decided to try a Fabric Scoop Radius.

Most comfortable saddle ever, Books included

jayx2a

Tried a scoop radius and flat and neither seemed to work for me. The Henge looks good. Will see if I can find a dealer. If not another Pure will have to do.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘WTB Pure Alternative’ is closed to new replies.