Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Wrong colour bikes.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Root beer is the colour for any bike.

Loved that colour.

joat

Orbeas should be orange,

I thought they could be any colour as long as it’s not the same as another Orbea.

Northwind

breadcrumb

I can’t think to put any colour with Trek.

They seem to have arrived at that boring red with white logos as their flagship colour.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    squirrelking
    Free Member

The worst thing about bike colours is when different spec bikes, of the same model, are different colours – and the spec you want is the most minging colour of them all.

See Orbea.

I thought they could be any colour as long as it’s not the same as another Orbea.

Correct. Want a Sprit fork for your Alma? Sure. But we’ll only offer it in the three top spec colourways and all the custom colours will be a different shade to stock.

endomick
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with a purple Trek, that session 9.8 from a few years ago with blue decals was the best looking Trek ever.
    The blueberry carbon Mega was simply stunning, every Mega since has had garbage colours in comparison.

Kuco

Having owned a Zasker, Zasker LE, and an LTS GT all three were polished.

mudeverywhere
    Free Member

Not too bothered about colour but I’d be disappointed with a Rocky Mountain that didn’t have maple leaves.

I did rather like my blue Singular Swift. Less keen on the cream one that came after, looked a bit wrong.

Can totally understand about a red Intense. Early 2000s dream bike right there. Didn’t care much for the likes of Yeti or Santa Cruz. But a red Intense…yes please!

qwerty
    Free Member

GT’s should be polished

GT’s should be ball burnished!

endomick
    Free Member

Ball burnished, then anodised turquoise/aqua blue.

daviek

I have a 26″ BFe and tried to get the metallic red but it had sold out before I got my arse in gear and ended up with an orange one. Not seen a red one out in the wild but as time went on I’m glad I ended up with orange, Cotics should be orange above any other colour.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Cervelo in red – wrong.

I got this Cervelo in April, imo the best metallic splatter effect paintob since ’92! Why would I want it in red when it’s got the best bike paint of 2020 by a mile! 😄😄😄

https://theradavist.com/2019/10/the-2020-cervelo-aspero-disc-grx-1-comes-with-a-27-5-wheel-option/

dogbone

Marin – Grey frame. Bars, stem and forks fluo.

reeksy

Would it be better if bike brands used alliteration?
    Turquoise Trek
    Scarlet Scott
    Cream Cotic
    Indigo Intense…

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Wrong colour bikes.’ is closed to new replies.