Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Writing letters to the local paper.
  • miketually
    Free Member

As I mentioned on another thread, I’ve joined the ranks of those who write letters to their local paper, with several being published.

Am I alone here, or does anyone else occasionally wield the virtual green biro?

uplink
    Free Member

I don’t even read a newspaper, let alone write to one

ourmaninthenorth

Yes, I have written to the local paper, either by email or posting on the paper’s message board. It seems that if you can string a couple of words together and make a point succinctly, then you’re pretty much guaranteed a slot.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    chakaping
    Free Member

It seems that if you can string a couple of words together and make a point succinctly, then you’re pretty much guaranteed a slot.

As a former local newspaper hack, I can testify that mailbags are not usually what you’d describe as “bulging”.

This may have changed with more people having web access now, but I’m sure you can still get published easily if you’re saying something different to the blue rinse brigade and local politicians who submit most of the letters.

meehaja
    Free Member

There’s not much point in writting to my local paper, being as they struggle to proofread most of their work. The spelling and grammar are appalling, they often get names and details mixed up and often the same story is repeated several times in one issue, just under slightly altered headings.

And yet I still check in here every day….

hmmm.

antigee

last time i wrote was to point out that a very large 4×4 with a zero pedestrian safety rating is “not the ideal vehicle for the school run” and that maybe they could include pedestrian safety ratings in all car reviews

think went in the bin

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Writing letters to the local paper.’ is closed to new replies.