Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Writing a will: Who would you leave your bikes to?
  • muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m writing a will right now, taken care of all the big stuff, house, savings and suchlike. Wondering who I could leave my bikes to, I’m thinking distribute them around to various friends but the more I think about it the more I think that they are just unsuitable either because of size or style. Maybe a cycle related charity could make good use of them?

What would you do?

tomhoward

Me? I’m as good as anyone 😀

scotroutes

tomhoward

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mine are coming with me. No one I know would care for them like I do.

I might consider leaving the 6″ bike to the wife. She was pretty impressive on it last timeshe had a go.

tomhoward

See, 100% of people responding to the ops question think it should be me, how can they all be wrong?!?

Edit. Fine 75%…

Hohum
    Free Member

I only have one and my son has told me he wants it already.

grum
    Free Member

Definitely tomhoward.

convert

Mine come with the specific instruction that my best friend will be in charge of selling them. If I left it to my wife she might sell them for what I told her they were worth!

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

I fell asleep just now and had a dream. It was about something like / called Toward Tom. I think.

Convert: jeez, STFU, etc…

hughjardon
    Free Member

tomhoward 😉

stewartc
    Free Member

I’m leaving everything to my bike, there is also a stipulation that my wife will be allowed to stay in the house and be provided basic dietary needs, as long as she washes the bike every week and leaves it in the lounge.

scotroutes

She told me she prefers a bit more than 6″.

tomhoward

So, what am I getting?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Me.

Soz- looks like you got the short straw.Very short.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

If they go to anyone on here there’ll be Brewster’s Millions type challenge to complete first. Now what could that be?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I will leave a bike to each of my children

I currently have three bikes and four children . . . If that isnt the best reason yet for me to ‘have’ to buy another bike I really dont know what is 😀

binners

I’d leave mine to hora. I’m miles smaller than him so he’d think they’re the right size. But… BUT… He has to commit to them! He can’t change a thing! And he can ‘t sell ’em and buy something else on a whim. They have to feel loved, or I’ll send thunderbolts up from hell to flambé his netheregions!

Northwind

Ha, this is weird, I was mulling this over the other night. I have definite ideas where all of mine should go- should probably write it down! All off to specific mates that seem appropriate, think they’re worth more in the right hands than they are sold off. Oh and one of my brothers gets one, but not the other brother, sorry bro.

The only inconvenient one is that I’d really like to give my gnarrest bike to ChrisL, but unfortunately it’s a 15.5 and he’s 9 feet tall. Ah well, it’s the thought that counts- he can use it as a rollerblade.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m leaving mine to the Malverncestersire Sasquatch. He can use them as roller skates.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

marcus7
    Free Member

I’m having a Viking burial so they are coming with me, and they aren’t the special that I really care!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

they go to my wife but she has the name of an old friend of the family, godfather of my daughter/owner of bike shop to help sell them for what they are truely worth. I was tempted to have them buried with me but it’d be a very odd shaped coffin. 😉

ianv
    Free Member

Son, although he would probably stick them all on Pinkbike and buy a carbon demo 8 with the cash 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

A good friend.

Sadly none of mine are tall enough.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Everything I have when I cease to exist anymore is going to the NSPCC.

A sort of post-traumatic revenge on my ghastly parents…

JEngledow
    Free Member

My bikes, shotguns and other toys will by my Son’s when I pop my clogs!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m going to leave mine to my Sailing Club. That way they can be used for getting from the Club back home & back after many beer’idges..

Can’t think of a better ending TBH. 8)

hora
    Free Member

I’d have my bike resprayed pink and rootbeer brown with Sans font and give it to binners.

footflaps

I’d have my bike member resprayed pink and rootbeer brown with Sans font and give it to binners.

FIFY

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I’m taking mine with me.
    Well assuming I die doing a gnarly quadruple back flip of a mountainous cliff some where in Mor Dor.

cloudnine
    Free Member

tomhoward – Member
    So, what am I getting?

A large selection of obsolete part worn tyres, some patched tubes, some seven speed cassettes and a few granny rings. Same crap we all hoard but never throw away.

iBaa
    Free Member

I have already completed a will and left my sporting equipment to a couple of good friends, my only concern is if they accelerate my exit date to get there hands on my bikes 🙂

tazzymtb

Sold to pay for funeral. .although my son wants the black sheep.

ThePinkster

All my bikes & tools will go to my nephew. He’ll love ’em and I’d rather they went to someone who’d appreciate them.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’d leave mine to my least wealthy MTBing friend.

jackthedog
    Free Member

The local bike recycle charity.

grum
    Free Member

tomhoward seems to be getting forgotten in all this. 🙁

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I will have mine melted and use the metal to make the urn.. Im taking it with me 😉

willard

I’d not really thought about that. The last will I wrote (service one before deployment) basically said everything to the wife, but the frames are way to big for her and she’d only put a stupid saddle on them.

I think maybe a mate in Devon would like one of them,but the road bike is too tall even for him. Hmmm. Time to think.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d be tempted to leave them to STW so that any forum members who are hard up and can’t afford to fix broken bikes can use them.

I could leave them to my biking mate but a) they’re a bit big and b) he views my 7″ travel Patriot with a mixture of pity and disdain.. a bit like I view his singlespeed Mary-barred Pegasus.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Writing a will: Who would you leave your bikes to?’ is closed to new replies.