Writing a Will

Home Forum Chat Forum Writing a Will

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Writing a Will
  • jon1973

So, I think it’s about time to be sensible and sort out a Will. It’s just me and the wife, so if I go everything goes to her and vice versa, nothing too complicated.

Is it necessary to use a solicitor? how much would they charge? are those do it yourself Wills you can get from WH Smiths any good?

project

Can i have your bikes and cycling gear please. 😀

Lots of charities do will writing services for a donation.

Premier Icon NJA
    Subscriber

You should take advice. Not necessarily from a solicitor, there are some really good independent will writers around. I will declare an interest because I am one. Have a look at http://www.tas-network.co.uk to find someone local.

Don’t do the WH Smith thing they are not worth it, they often cause more trouble.

Costs for basic mirror wills should be about 180 plus VAT.

Premier Icon Nipper99
    Subscriber

Go to a solicitor and get it done properly – usually charge around £75.00 for a standard will.

Premier Icon Nipper99
    Subscriber

No such thing as a good independent will writer imo having seen the non insured chaos they leave behind.

Premier Icon garage-dweller
    Subscriber

Solicitor! It amazes me anyone would do anything else. If I was to get obliterated tomorrow the last thing I want is for my wife to find she has a problem with the will.

Our mirror wills with arrangements for the kids and every eventuality pretty much coveted was under £300 in total. That’s in southern england by a large local firm who are also holding the wills for us.

I know its a fair wedge for some but the cost for loved ones of unpicking a legal problem could be monstrous.

And no I am not a lawyer!

Premier Icon tthew
    Subscriber

You in a Union? Unite did mirror wills for myself and Mrs Tthew for free.

“There’s this heftily built bloke on STW with a bizarre dress sense – give him the lot, including the wife if he wants her”
    Job done, no need to thank me.

b r

Go to a solicitor and get it done properly – usually charge around £75.00 for a standard will.

+1

Although its not you that’ll have to try and sort out any problems 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Writing a Will’ is closed to new replies.