• This topic has 50 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by snaps.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • WRC 2017 (contains massive spoilers!)
  • matt_outandabout

🙁
    Awful place to stand crouch, especially with barrier on inside to be behind.

core

Terrible news, and not a good start for the new regulations.

Spectator safety abroad has always been a major issue. It’s tragic, but you have to say some people have no regard for their own safety.

The most basic instruction is never to stand on the outside of a corner. 380bhp (minimum) on tyres not really suited to the job, on snow an ice.

From what I’ve seen, the deceased was hit up the bank by the car then fell back down. I just hope Paddon doesn’t take it too hard, and that there isn’t a witch hunt (in terms of the new forumla) and lots of reference to Group B etc.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

It’s tragic, but you have to say some people have no regard for their own safety.

That’s the trouble, you can bring in all the safety measures you want but somebody will always ignore it and it’s impossible to monitor every corner on every rally.

I remember being at the Wyedean rally a few years ago when a family turned up with 2 young children and set up chairs on the outside of a 90 right at the end of a long straight 😯

core

I’ve done the last 2 Wyedean’s and although last year was better than the year before, the lack of common sense is quite frankly staggering. I was certainly backing off on some occasions and aware of the spectators being in vulnerable places.

This is what the FIA and our MSA maybe don’t quite understand, or choose to ignore because the alternative is no rallying at all – but you can have all the regulation you want and send through as many safety cars as possible, but you can’t marshal every inch of every stage. This leaves gaps, some people are stupid and put themselves in danger, then these fatalities occur, sometimes when marshals instructions have been ignored.

legend
    Free Member

Just watching the Red Bull highlights show from yesterday, it’s fine. Basically just the sort of half hour show you’d expect to see on normal TV. Extra points for “squeaky bum moments” being used

grtdkad

Looking good so far. With fairly typical Monte conditions.

Interesting insight to the pre-season testing there Core.

the-muffin-man
    munrobiker
    Free Member

It has to be a set up problem. I can’t believe that after essentially pulling out of the sport for a year to develop it that the car is a lemon.

survivor

Want to like Meeke what with him being a UK driver but can’t help finding him lacking in personality and a bit of a whinge bag. There’s always something not to his liking.

That and he seems to crash a fair bit.

Speaking of whinging. Why hasn’t my sky box recorded this weekends programme?

legend
    Free Member

So I keep seeing videos being posted on Facebook that seem to imply that someone has taken up the 2017 Polo WRCs that had already been built and tested before the plug was pulled. Anyone know what’s going on? I did see a while back that VW were keen to sell to a team and willing to support, but nothing since

snaps
    Free Member

VW missed the homolagation deadline for the 17 cars, so they wouldn’t be eligible for WRC even if you managed to sell your children to buy one – there are a few R5’s kicking about & I’m sure I read that a couple of the 16 cars would be made available to privateers after Corsica.

Edit Here

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘WRC 2017 (contains massive spoilers!)’ is closed to new replies.