Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Wrapping presents…
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Utter bodge or a bit of care? Mrs wrightyson is a tad slap dash with the old sellotape to be fair. Weve had an evening of cheezy tunes and wrapping. Hers look like the elves are on strike, mine, crisp corners, neat folds. Must be the builder in me…

joshvegas
    Free Member

Lots of care.

The challenge is no tape.

Tie the shut for a touch of class.

slowoldman

When I was little I used to help mum parceling up the pressies to go to relatives in Germany. Thick brown paper, string and sealing wax. Oh and a customs declaration – coming back soon.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    matt_outandabout

null

carlos
    Free Member

I’m a crisp corners, sharp folds and minimal tape person too. The Mrs does the tags and cards, whilst I do the wrapping and have a cheeky beer or two. It’s always been like that

senorj

Minimum tape – check.Neat folds – check. Tag and card avoidance -check.
    I only do the frills for the missus and my mother.
    Not only is my missus rubbish at wrapping, she also uses waaaaaaay too much paper for the smallest thing!

LeeW

The first dozen parcels all look fantastic (imo), neat corners, as little tape as possible, lots of ribbon and bows etc.

Then I get bored and everything looks like a 5 year old has done it.

I ‘borrowed’ a roll of brown parcel paper from work a few years ago – now I think about it. Nearer 20 years than I thought! I still have loads left, I tie some with string, some with ribbon, they generally get a good response from recipients.

CheesybeanZ

Hospital bed type corners with little tape , gof a mate who wraps every present in tin foil
    No tape just folded together .

PiknMix
    Free Member

Massive care, ensuring any patterns line up, finished with a luxurious ribbon.

<span style=”font-size: 0.8rem;”>Helps that I used to gift wrap for a very high end retailer. We had to wrap all sorts of impossibilities there.</span>

akira

Roll in paper and wrap in sellotape. Then stick more paper over the holes. I can wrap anything in about a minute.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I was a bit pissed off wrapping all the lads stuff yesterday as it was mostly bike stuff. Why o why didn’t i buy myself one of the royal matrix jackets when I bought his. I even tried it on and it was perfect 😫.

TiRed

Amazon box, these days isn’t it?

Otherwise care, ribbon and no tape.

CountZero

Plain brown craft paper or the sort with little lines along it. I used to have free access to a very large roll where I worked, very thick, about a metre across the roll, I’d take about three metres, Rolling it as I went. Really easy to wrap with, unless the item was an awkward shape.
    Bought a new roll of brown craft in The Works in town on Saturday as I need to wrap a few, I try to get folds neat, with minimal overlap and minimal tape. As I often buy books, they’re a piece of piss to wrap neatly!

sirromj

Bodge? I prefer the word creative. Too much tape? Unwrapping should be a challenge. Neatness is desirable however.

beefheart
    Free Member

Wrap in tin foil instead of paper. No tape required.

pipm1
    Free Member

RustySpanner

Mine look like there’s a dead hamster wrapped inside.

Mrs S’s are perfect.

We used to get the eldest daughter to do it, she loves all that stuff.
    She’s married and moved out now, selfish cow.

Philby

Bought somerthing hexagonal in shape for a Secret Santa thing. Tried wrapping it and made a right disaster of it and the paper kept tearing, so the simple solution was to go and buy something else that was in a square or oblong packaging. Still use far too much sellotape and folds aren’t symmetrical. Fortunately, the secret santa thing will be the only present I will be giving this Christmas and I only buy a couple of birthday presents a year (one of the few advantages of being single and having no close family).

Poopscoop

If it’s a variation on a box shape I’m ok.

Other than that it’s a torched earth policy.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Mrs M seems to be able to meticulously wrap double the number of presents I wrap in half the time it takes me and mine look like the aftermath of an explosion in a wrapping paper and sellotape factory!

MrPottatoHead

“I can wrap anything with just 3 bits of sticky tape!”

hooli

I am rubbish at it and hate doing it, no matter how much effort I put it it still looks like I have kicked it up and down the street a few times.

I am thinking perhaps this year I can get away with not wrapping or putting the gift in some sort of paper bag in an effort to be greener.

globalti
    Free Member

I hate the whole Christmas thing TBH, I think it dates from my childhood and teenage years when Christmas was always full of tension as my Mum & Dad would argue and bicker. I’m so useless at buying presents that having to wrap them just makes me bad-tempered, the same feeling of annoyance and inadequacy I get when filling in my tax return and trying to make any Apple device work.

jairaj

I’m terrible at wrapping presents so I always just buy one of those fancy glittery paper bags. Stick present inside and bit of sticky tape to keep the top closed. Done!

pocpoc
    Free Member

I’m fine with anything box shaped. Any other shape and it turns into a crumpled mess of paper and sellotape.

edhornby

I’d wrap everything in newspaper to save the environment but I’m not allowed. I used to do this for Mum and Dads presents but they moaned as well, then started doing it themselves a few years later!

cookeaa

I’m a neat wrapper, I tend to lay out my “workspace” and make sure I’ve got tape (in a dispenser) and scissors to hand, then the missus starts “Helping” and it all goes to shit…
    I get her to do the labels, better handwriting.

Anything tapered, or worse yet spherical is an utter embuggerance to wrap.

IA

I’m not saying I bodge it, I do try, but my wrapping has been described as a “crime against humanity” by one recipient so perhaps needs some work…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Streamlined approach.

Couple of quick 45 deg folds and a few dabs of sellotape. No labels – too slow. “Happy Christmas”, their name, our name, in Biro. Jobs a good ‘un. I do actually make them neat, just not fancy.

If it’s not a box, minimum effort routine is, wrap like a Christmas cracker.

FB-ATB

Why worry? It’ll get ripped off and binned.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Wrapping presents…’ is closed to new replies.