Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Wow you can get your driving lessons paid for
  • hora
    Free Member

Im in hospital and just overheard a conversation that someone is getting upto two years of driving lessons paid for with a car/insured at the end. Im all for carer mobility but **** ell.

bails

Probably Motability http://www.motability.co.uk/understanding-the-scheme/financial-help/

“Driving lessons: if you are a Motability customer aged between 16 and 24, you may be eligible for help towards the cost of lessons.”

Sounds like that stuff is paid for by the charity part of the business. It’s their money, if they want to help young disabled people keep some of their mobility and people want to donate money for it then good for them.

As for the ‘free car’ bit, the Goverment gives disabled people either £20 or £54 a week as the ‘mobility’ component of the disability living allowance. The receiver can choose to put this money towards a lease car from Motability, if the car costs more than £20/£54 a week then they have to pay the difference themselves.

binners

Are they asylum seekers? I read somewhere that on arrival, they all get a free taxed and insured new car, a 3 bedroom house in the area of their choosing, with a guitar shaped swimming pool, a gold-plated Faberge pineapple and a jetpack to nip to the shops on

Gary_M
    Free Member

Its a disgrace, you should write a strongly worded letter to your MP demanding that you get something for nothing too. I blame equal opportunities.

I heard they also get free cakes and stuff.

thejesmonddingo

It’s a lie about the Faberge pineapple,I asked my local MP

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Well stop moaning man! Get yourself a life-changing disability and get on the gravy train!

ski
    Free Member

binners – Member

Are they asylum seekers? I read somewhere that on arrival, they all get a free taxed and insured new car, a 3 bedroom house in the area of their choosing, with a guitar shaped swimming pool, a gold-plated Faberge pineapple and a jetpack to nip to the shops on

Got your head stuck in the Daily Mail by any chance Binners? 😉

starsh78
    Free Member

I’m just proud i work for the stuff i own….

scaredypants

there’s a massive ebay operation where MPs fence stolen Faberge pineapples while trafficking immigrants into slave labour

it’s in the Mail today

Gary_M
    Free Member

Realistically there can’t be many three bedroom houses with guitar shaped swimming pools can there? Is it a half sized guitar?

clubber
    Free Member

I heard that the cars come with pre fitted Muslamic Ray Guns which they then use to shoot off the faces of innocent (non-immigrant) kids.

IHN

I overheard a man in the pub say that he knew a fella who’s wife was friends with someone who lived next door to an immigrant muslamic disabled lesbian with twelve kids and they all had iPads bought for them by the council and they have Sky telly with movies and everything and their house is worth about a million quid but they don’t pay for it it’s all on the DSS and they’re off on their holidays to Florida and it makes him sick. But some of his best mates are ****.

Gary_M
    Free Member

What if a disability prevented you working, what would you do?

they all had iPads bought for them

Bet its the iPad3 as well, I’ve got a full set of limbs and I can’t even afford one of them. Bastards.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

That’s just tabloid hype! They are in fact programmed to take out cyclists.

Lifer
    Free Member

ohnohesback – Member
    Well stop moaning man! Get yourself a life-changing disability and get on the gravy train!

😆

clubber
    Free Member

Hora, there are plenty of people who’d volunteer with providing you ohnohesback’s solution 😆

Mackem

The irony being that an ipad3 costs an arm and a leg.

IHN

*shouldn’t laugh* 🙂

starsh78
    Free Member

What if a disability prevented you working, what would you do?

get a free ipad from the comments you just posted it would seem….

Gary_M
    Free Member

‘Get’ and ‘do’ are not the same

What would you do?
    I’d get a free iPad3, that’s what I’d do.

Doesn’t make any sense.

Its good that someone with your challanges has secured employment though. You should be proud.

binners

If they can’t get you a house with the full sized guitar-shaped swimming pool then you get a helicopter as compensation. And a lifetimes supply of both After Eight mints, and Haywards Silverskin Pickled onions.

Its all part of an EU ruling. It was in the Daily Express

Same here. My job is to run a back-street operation amputating peoples least favourite limb, so they can qualify for a pope-mobile on the NHS

starsh78
    Free Member

‘Get’ and ‘do’ are not the same

What would you do?
    I’d get a free iPad3, that’s what I’d do.

Doesn’t make any sense.

Its good that someone with your challanges has secured employment though. You should be proud.
    nice to see that you can edit comments.

well done for that.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Really, where? Must be my special keyboard playing up again, never mind it was free anyway.

starsh78
    Free Member

My point exactly.

scaredypants

“get” is a verb, or “doing word” as we’ll call them for now.

or am I missing something (other than an ipad3) ?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I find that drooling on the right keys for too long shorts mine out…

thomthumb
    Free Member

two years of driving lessons

😯

took me 14 months and people still take the piss

I don’t see the issue with carers being taught to drive.

I do take issue with who is deemed ‘a carer’ but thats a different argument for a different thread.

Lifer
    Free Member

Is this the new iPad 3 which has the ‘WOOOOOOSH’ start up sound?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Only when the special accessability mode is enabled.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

many years ago, there was a scheme to help people back into employment,they found that the lack of a d/license was a big drawback– so they paid for lessons to enable people to get this certificate. Is that something that was wrong ?

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Bloody liberals, put them all in a field and shoot them I say. That’ll teach them to expect free stuff.

Cougar

Bastards, why should they get all the free bullets?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Make them earn their bullets!

peterfile
    Free Member

This is anecdotal, but mrs peterfile works for BMW, a customer just had his new car lease paid for through some mobility deal because he has a handicapped 3 year old.

I have no view either way on the subject, but I would have thought that there are more suitable vehicles for carers than a 3 series, the indicators don’t even function properly?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

As there are more suitable vehicles for tradesmen than overpowered 4x4s…

peterfile
    Free Member

Are tradesmen vehicles paid for by the government?

hora
    Free Member

I’ve ZERO issue with people getting mobility cars. The money for the cars comes out of their allowance/benefit given which they can keep or pay on a car anyway. Even though I know of a couple of instances personally where the scheme was royally abused. Its the lessons bit. Yes people need mobility however lessons is an open-book over two years. At what point does the state say ‘whooa’ (then bin all that money that has already been spent?).

I can see both sides but social care -the total cost must be mind boggling.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

As I understand it a tradesman can buy a 4×4 and offset at least part of the cost as a tax allowance for ‘tools for the trade’.

bails

Peterfile: He’ll have been given either £20 or £54 a week as DLA mobility component, he can choose to spend that any way he wants.

Surprised you can get a 3 series for ~£200 a month tbh!

Hora: It looked to me like the driving lessons were paid for by the Motability charity, the state isn’t paying for them.

davervan
    Free Member

I think it’s dreadful – all carers should, using their spare hand, start and run web-based retail empires, all become billionaires and all buy respective fleets of supercars. Then, with all their money, they could employ someone else to do the full-time caring…but then that person would also have to start a web-based empire…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Wow you can get your driving lessons paid for’ is closed to new replies.