Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Wow. Thomson really don't supply much cable outer with their dropper.
  • elliott-20
    Free Member

Was excited.

Now not so much.

Oh well, back to the LBS tomorrow. Must avoid all other temptations.

Northwind

That’s good of them. KS kindly supply theirs with a terrible cable, for maximum initial annoyance- you get people say “I’ve only had this for 3 rides and it’s playing up”, then they replaced it with even something bogstandard like sp41 and it goes a year without a sniff.

JoeG
    Free Member

I have 2 KS Lev seatposts, and have no issues with the cable or outer that was supplied with either one.

t-p26
    Free Member

Gravity dropper works straight out of the box……for a long time!

atlaz
    Free Member

My Reverb needed shortening by nearly a foot there was so much hose. At least I know how to bleed one now

scottfitz
    Free Member

The exposed cable on the Thomson looks cheap and fugly. Looks worst than the Gravity dropper!!

elliott-20
    Free Member

The exposed cable on the Thomson looks cheap and fugly. Looks worst than the Gravity dropper!!

You think?

Personally, it does exactly what it needs to do and looks a nice piece of engineering. Horse, courses and all that but please don’t compare it to a Gravity Dropper with looks not even a mother could love. 😆

honourablegeorge

JoeG – Member
    I have 2 KS Lev seatposts, and have no issues with the cable or outer that was supplied with either one.

Lev cable is much better, the cable with the i900 was SHITE

elliott-20
    Free Member

David at Thomson come through and sent me and extra long cable and out for my dropper, free of charge.

+1 for customer service

😀

chives
    Free Member

If it’s any consolation the RSP dropper I bought recently has a cable that’s about 4″ shorter than it ought to be. And the remote lever design blows goats..

climbingkev
    Free Member

My Lev arrived today, had a Clarkes’ outer cable around, so used that. You could have swung a bus of the Lev one and it would have still had five 90deg angles in it!

duir
    Free Member

Can’t wait for the Thomson Stealth dropper to appear, then i will drop the cash on it. Until then it’s old faithful Gravity Dropper!

cynic-al
    Free Member

elliott-20 – Member
    David at Thomson come through and sent me and extra long cable and out for my dropper, free of charge.

+1 for customer service

A la Hope?

Northwind

Is it just me, or would good customer service be sending you a suitable part in the first place rather than leaving you waiting for a new bit? It’s good that they’ve fixed it mind but not as good as not having to…

Frankers
    Free Member

scottfitz – Member

Yeah them Gravity Droppers look awesum, especially the ones with doorknob on the front

Frankers
    Free Member

elliott-20 – Member
    +1 for customer service

How did you contact them?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Lev here, perfectly good cable in and out fitted and run for 6 months now no issue? What exactly is the problem?

Northwind

Seems I misspoke when slagging the KS cables mikew, both of mine had proper rubbish fitted but they’re older models than the Lev.

elliott-20
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Is it just me, or would good customer service be sending you a suitable part in the first place rather than leaving you waiting for a new bit? It’s good that they’ve fixed it mind but not as good as not having to…

I was still able to use it, just. It was about 3″ short for my liking which made the cable very tight and If I crashed it may have ripped one end or the other out.

Frankers – Member
    How did you contact them?

I emailed them directly just before xmas and they responded the next day (xmas eve). Pretty good if you ask me.

I’ve never gone through a distributer when I’ve had a problem with a bike/component. Srtaight to manufacturer. So much easier and quicker. Even if they are in the US.

A la Hope?

😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Wow. Thomson really don't supply much cable outer with their dropper.’ is closed to new replies.