Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Wow! Thing I just scooped a major bargain.
  • dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Just been browsing for some new bike lights.

Not sure if I’m missing something or if someone has cocked up on their online pricing but I’ve just placed an order for a £600 light set for well under £200. I’ve compared prices on other sites and the “proper” price seems to be about the going rate.

Remains to be seen if they actually turn up and are as described but if all good then it’s a bit of a steal.

D 🙂

althepal

No link- BOOOO (etc..)

bellefied
    Free Member

probably reduced because the £30 Chinese lights are proving better quality 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

probably reduced because the £30 Chinese lights are proving better quality cheaper

price is everything these days

LoCo
    Free Member

Hinde?

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Not naming names at the moment. Want to see what turns up first.

Having said that – it does now say no stock available so either there was only one available or they’re realised they messed up on the pricing.

wwaswas

Hinde?

if so, expect 3 months of ‘it’s going out today mate’, 2 months of effing and blinding, 1 month of ‘what did you expect for that price’ and a refund once you issue a small claim 🙁

dizcostix
    Free Member

what lights go for £600 now???

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

There was a £600 light set? Was it the sun?

dizcostix
    Free Member

bargain if the sun was reduced to under £200!

Edric64
    Free Member

If The Sun is now 200 quid can you expect full frontal nudity rather than just tits ?

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Ok so the lights turned up next day delivery and all seems to be good. So the end result is I got a Lupine Wilma 10 set for £170. Seems like a pretty good deal to me. I know Lupine aren’t distributed in the UK now but I already have one of their lights that I’m very happy with and it’s easy to get bits direct from Lupine in Germany.

So I’m a happy bunny.

Stoner
    Free Member

its a good price for a Wilma.

But that’s not to say Wilma are ever a good price for light.

Clobber
    Free Member

Better get an email to trout to see if he can upgrade your LED’s to some that were made this century

rob-jackson
    Free Member

weelies sell lupine

mudsux
    Free Member

Lupine sounds like an unpleasant illness.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Very retro.

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

here Although Bottle battery seems very old skool

scruff
    Free Member

Swinnos in Fenton are great, always help me out no question.

DezB
    Free Member

Gotta be good at that price. RRP is just silly though.
    Love the Betty 14 – now only £809!!!

grum
    Free Member

Still not £25 though was it! 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Still no link from the OP.
    Come on, share the bargain!

wwaswas

I love my bargin Betty wot I got last year 🙂

I tend to ride with a water bottle in the winter so I’ve taken the battery out of the bottle and it just runs in a bag under the top tube.

Those are the older model Betty with the remote light switches so do look expensive for that age.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Still £170 though, isn’t it…

For 920 lumens. 😆

DezB
    Free Member

And to think, just last year, I seemed to be the only one who was laughing at people spending stupid money on lights!

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

600 is stupid money. For 170 I reckon that’s not bad and all the bits work with my existing Lupine light so even better.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Considering the price of some of these Chinese lights, why would you pay more?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Funny how its only cheap lights where everyone gets all Aldi chic about it 😉

yorlin
    Free Member

I cree what you did there. 😉

mylofitz
    Free Member

Led technology is moving so fast I’d be reluctant to spend more than £25 on the latest cree led light sets. Within months a better led is released. Each to their own of course but I’ve given up on expensive lights. Got 3 maglites in the garage produce a pathetic light compared to the kids’ £2 dealextreme torches. Not as good for hitting burglars but lumen output far superior.

st

If you can get on with the bottle battery then that seems very reasonable to me. I’ve chopped and changed a few Lupines including that one, currently on a Tesla which is great. The only problem I’ve ever seen is the battery connector contacts carbonising and needing cleaning or cable replacement. Nicely made lights. I guess things have moved on with cheap lights but the Tesla type copy I had a while back for 50quid wasn’t in the same league of assembly and what not.

I guess it’s all changed now that these light come pretty much free with. Chinese takeaway leaving people more money for the enhancement of their Dandy Horses ;o)

Another vote for Swinnos in Fenton here too.

pipiom
    Free Member

Had a £20 900 lumen bar mount torch lights and a £28 1200 lumen lid light since I started MTB 18 months ago…. Both awesome and never missed a beat and I really need good lights as the mince pies are going a bit ( varifocal Oakleys I shit you not)……..get 3-5 hours out of em…. Outlasting all of the crew’s bling lights

tthew

milofitz – you can buy drop-in LED units for Maglights from e-bay. They’re ace.

njee20
    Free Member

I’ve still got a perfectly serviceable Edison 5 in my loft, but I can’t find the charger. Their “Charger One” is about £100, which is more than the lights are worth, but I can’t bear to throw them out.

Ludicrously expensive, and the quality really slipped when they got more popular. Wouldn’t have another set.

wwaswas

njee20 – if you want to resurrect them I may be able to help with a charger – email in profile.

Junkyard
    Free Member

.get 3-5 hours out of em…. Outlasting all of the crew’s bling lights

I did a 32 hour ride and some of the cheapo light boys were having to turn it down and asking when we were going back so your burn times are excellent and the bling ones poo are not very bling then are they- anyway that is just a function of how big your battery is not how good the light is
    I can get 8-10 hours at 2400 lumens from my enduro battery pack one
    and about 24 @ 600 lumens
    My tiny battery pack gets 5-6 hours.

bigjim

920 lupins, might be P4 leds in them then? Trout might be able to put something modern in there for not too much money and make them extra penis enhancing.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘Wow! Thing I just scooped a major bargain.’ is closed to new replies.