• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by LeeW.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • WOW! Retro stuff galore !!
  • anotherbike
    Free Member

Not sure if anyone has noticed this or not, but looks like this shop has a fair amount of retro parts and bikes.

It’s not too far from me so i may have to pop in at the weekend and have a nose… (sshh… mustn’t tell the wife though)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=216974

edit: Just noticed that original Camelbak hanging up. Mmhhh…

mtbfix

I recall riding on some of them Conti Double Fighters once upon a time. Day started dry and they were great. Then there was a brief shower and they tried to kill me. That was it for my dalliance with semi slicks. Rather fancy some of those Speed Springs though.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

OSSUM!

Those mahoooosive Tioga (and other saddles) from the Huck-it years! So bad!

Club Roost saddles. Made of sandpaper.

Those Skyways won’t stay unsold for long, I can tell you!

Burchy1
    Free Member

In the old Bache Bros shop in Lye! That place looked retro even when it was trying to sell modern parts/bikes.

Quality Indian just up the road aswell 😀

sc-xc

Cue the age old black country joke….

– what do you call a Chinese man who lives halfway between Stourbridge and Halesowen?

– Yow Min Lye

z1ppy

Wow, I always drive past that place and wonder if they actually ever sell anything, as the shop front is seemingly stuffed to overflowing.
    The new road system around the shop must stop a lot of passing trade (though parking is probably easier now).

Hope the new guys make a go of it.

grahamg
    Free Member

Cue the age old black country joke….

– what do you call a Chinese man who lives halfway between Stourbridge and Halesowen?

– Yow Min Lye

How I’ve never heard that one I really don’t know. (Grew up in Quinton/Halesowen)

user-removed
    Free Member

Those sharkbite pedals take me back 🙂 Bought a set for a Rockhopper I’d stripped down and re-painted. They were a fetching shade of shiny pink and cost (to me) a small fortune. One of them snapped within a week, which was heartbreaking 🙁

eugeo81
    Free Member

Damn! Bache Brothers, my local bike shop (2 mins from my house).. As already said this place has always looked retro and I even have the same surname as the shop name. 😆 Not been in since the 90s when I was in my youth and was mesmerised by a voodoo bike in the window.. Ended up buying a Kona though from a shop in Wall Heath

mtbmaff
    Free Member

I’ve just been in and it’s nothing to get to excited about, I wish the lads all the best an that but it isn’t some treasure trove that’s been hidden away for years undisturbed, most of it was tat when it was new.

eugeo81
    Free Member

Any idea what they are doing with the place? I will pop by tomorrow on my usual Saturday morning ride out and have a look.

llamaknob
    Free Member

Passed that place today, I’m from cradley heath, does he stock anything decent? Seemed like tat in the window.why would you do this if your stocking quality in the back?I drove strait past due to poor quality bikes displayed.

eugeo81
    Free Member

Ive been in a few times this week (I’m from Stourbridge), for a wheel true and picked up new nobby nic and racing ralph tyres. Friendly guys and yes they do stock some decent stuff, Hope etc. And there is a nice Cotic Soul in the middle of the show room.

Houns

Bout a mile and half from me,only ever been in once.

Remember sending someone off here years ago to the shop in wallheath for the Klein frame that had been hanging up in there for years and years

AlexSimon

I just chucked out an original Camelbak – didn’t think there’d be any interest! (outer only).

I did stick the Ringle Bottle Cage and the DCD on ebay though:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/retro-ringle-bottle-cage-and-dcd-ebay

I also had a USE seatpost and X-Lite bar ends but these had faded far more than the bottle cage though. Still stuck in the loft at the moment along with some other bits and bobs.

LeeW

I dropped in a couple of months ago, I think all the good stuff (I’d have been interested in) had gone. Guys seemed really cool though.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘WOW! Retro stuff galore !!’ is closed to new replies.