Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Wow. If I was after a new bike (YT Industries)
  • godzilla
    Free Member

^ Nice ride, vey tempted by the new 2.0LTD on 11/12/13

gaz552
    Free Member

Has anyone actually ridden one of these YT Industries 650b’s?
    Just wondering if these bikes/frames are trail deadening (I.e. absorbs everything),or if they are setup more on the lively side.

sharkattack

^ Nice ride, vey tempted by the new 2.0LTD on 11/12/13

Make sure you set your computers clock to German time otherwise the order page won’t go live until an hour after the bike has been on sale. Plus, if you do manage to place an order you have to be chosen as a customer to buy one. it’s a bit like entering a lottery and there was a lot of very miffed potential customers last year, including me!

To be honest though, for the last few years the actual production bike has been better than the Ltd. edition. I was so happy that I didn’t get the Ltd. when I saw the spec changes for the Pro. Very happy with my Bos air suspension and none-fragile wheelset. Oh, and for some reason I’ve seen about 5 or 6 of the Ltd. editions in the flesh but none like mine. No idea how many they sell.

Has anyone actually ridden one of these YT Industries 650b’s?

Yes but as I said briefly and on a fairly mellow DH trail in Morzine. The wheelsize was the last thing on my mind to be fair, it just felt like a very nice bike. Nice geometry for attacking stuff flat out if you like that kind of thing. Currently waiting patiently for the 2014 version to surface.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomaso
    Free Member

A mate pondered the Wickeds earlier this year and ultimately bought a Canyonn Strive. The reason was that YT didn’t have any spare mech hangers and that was enough to tip the balance of brand uncertainty and Canyon he did buy…

gaz552
    Free Member

Ok, so I know it’s out of stock at the moment, but even when the bike goes back up to 2,399 EUR, it’s value for money is pretty much unbeatable.

I’ve been waiting on Cotic Rocket frames coming into stock since about easter (as the reports of the way that frame rides/handles is exactly what I’m after), but with still no sign of them and the itch to get a new bike sorted becoming stronger, I’ve been looking at alternatives.

Contenders are:
    Kona Process 153; by all accounts the linkage driven single pivot give the bike great handling and is a fun bike to ride.

Then there’s the YT Industries Wicked 650b; The spec is great and it’s costs almost a grand less than the Kona Process 153. Infact at the current offer price the YT is only £100 or so more expensive than the Cotic Rocket frame (with shock) alone. That’s value I’m having trouble ignoring, but I know nothing about how the V4L suspension setup handles. Is it a trail deadening setup/as in just absorbs everything or does it promote hopping and jumping from line to line. (This is the trouble of mail order bikes, no chance to demo)

So what I’m looking for is opinions/or reasons not to go for the YT.
    I after a really fun, agile handling bike that will take the abuse that someone coming from a motocross background is likely to give a bike when out on the trails. lol

kimbers

Ive got a process 153 its the dogs danglies, I knew that it wasnt the best value out there but I received an unexpected windfall so it was all good!

but the Wicked is obscenely good value the only thing that put me off was that Im a massive kona fanboy 😉 and Im not convinced about returns to germany etc when I got my Process from a local shop

and fwiw for the DH boys
    …..On 11.12.2013 at 00:00 o’clock (UK Time (GMT): 10.12.2013 at 23:00 o’clock!) the TUES 2.0 LTD Bike will be activated in our online-shop.

full sram xo, deemax ,new marzocchi suspension, renthal cockpit 2999euros!

gaz552
    Free Member

Emailed YT regarding the Wicked 650b and when they are expecting it back in stock and they said that there will be a new Wicked 650b coming in, in January/February 2014 and the current model won’t be coming back in stock.

I’m guessing the new model will probably be largely the same but with different graphics. Not sure what else they would change tbh.

campfreddie
    Free Member

probably on the same ship as the new canyon frames.

i’m desperate for a spectral al but no deliveries until the end of feb 🙁

johanhej
    Free Member

The wicked 650b seems completely sold out now (not very surprising).

Anyone know when YT usually releases their new bikes? I’d love to see a 650b like the wicked, but with crossmax sx, and different gearing up front.

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

So who tried to buy the YT Tues 2.0 LTD?

I did but think i might have been a bit late, still hoping for the order confirmation to drop into my inbox though…

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Whilst it’s not for sale yet there is now a piccie of the (presumably soon to be released) 650b Pro model on the home page of the website.

Price is 2999 Euro’s.

Looks like it comes with Bos both ends but not the Crossmax wheels you get on the slightly more expensive 26″ Pro model.

Will be interesting to see if this is a replacement for the 26″ Pro or if they will be doing the Pro in 2 wheel sizes.

tom67
    Free Member

I asked them about the 2014 Wicked 650B as I missed the season sale and the Pro’s 1×11 is not for me. I’ve got the reply “for 2014 there will only be the Wicked 650B Pro.” 🙁

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Wow. If I was after a new bike (YT Industries)’ is closed to new replies.