Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Wow, great way to announce a show, BBC…
  • fin25
    Free Member

“A cyclist with right of way on a roundabout gets right in the way of a car who hasn’t seen him, after Homes Under the Hammer.”

Really?!

martinhutch

bit of an overlong name for a show, isn’t it?

How about

“Crash under the Artic?”

welshfarmer

^^^ I see what you did there 🙂

martinhutch

Looking at the BBC Daytime schedule instantly makes you more sympathetic to Tory plans for their future funding…

What utter, utter shite.

But, of course, it will be BBC4 and Radio 4 that get cut back, not this dross.

fin25
    Free Member

The whole schedule seems designed purely so elderly people have something to tut about.

martinhutch

The whole schedule seems designed purely so elderly people have something to tut about.

That’s me, in a nutshell. 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

If they weren’t sedated with telly they’d be out ram raiding poundland in their colostomytankers to get at the broken biscuits

Wouldn’t you Martin?

martinhutch

<Watches thrilling auction on Homes under the Hammer>

What was that?

scandal42
    Free Member

Daytime television has cured all kinds of illness for me.

A once daily dosage of some tanned **** waffling on about a porcelain dog is enough to cure cat aids, so I’ve been told.

tyrionl1
    Free Member

Talking of BBC and new stuff, I’m looking forward to this, I so hope they don’t **** it up.

The Last Kingdom

The books were/are epic.

kerley
    Free Member

BBC 1 should be the first thing to go. BBC 4 and Radio 4 should be the last.

welshfarmer

^^^ This. The BBC lost its’ direction when it tried to take on the commercial channels at their own game, dumbing down programs, using celebrity to gain views etc. I cannot remember the last time I watched anything on BBC1. Loose all that dross and concentrate on stuff that might not otherwise get shown.

kimbers

Yeah but bargain hunt is cheap and draws in the punters, especially the grey voting lot who are about to get it for free, they want something that’s not too taxing and nicely compliments their daily mail

wwaswas

Those of us who grew up watching Crown Court and Houseparty (far duller than it sounds) as sick kids in the 70’s would have found even homes under the hammer a fairly welcome alternative.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Some of the dross thouhg makes money that can be used to subidise the rest of the bbc.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Is it just me who thinks that if that cyclist had been going a bit slower, he might have been able to stop? Not that I’m suggesting the car driver shouldn’t have stopped of course, but self preservation does seem to be lacking…

fin25
    Free Member

Well that took a bit longer than I expected…

CaptJon
    Free Member

martinhutch – Member
    Looking at the BBC Daytime schedule instantly makes you more sympathetic to Tory plans for their future funding…

What utter, utter shite.

But, of course, it will be BBC4 and Radio 4 that get cut back, not this dross.

It’s dross because its cheap, and it tough to finding savings where you’re spending very little.

martinhutch

and it tough to finding savings where you’re spending very little

I’m sure that’s what the BBC would have you believe. As someone who used to work at TVC, I can assure you that’s not the case.

Here’s a list of the salaries of the BBC employees in the not-so-select group who earn more than 150K.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/aboutthebbc/insidethebbc/managementstructure/biographies/

Highlights include one of my old bosses who seems to be getting 168K for coordinating coverage of the 100th anniversary of WWI.

Daytime telly may be relatively cheap to make, but the BBC has been letting other areas of spending, particularly within its management structures, get way out of hand for a long time.

I’d rather it did much less, at a higher quality. If this means nothing before the One O’Clock news, so be it.

EDIT: Looking through that list in some detail is horrifying – not just for the obvious duplication of roles, but the remuneration for non-jobs is staggering. The bloke who is responsible for the front page of the BBC Website, its search bar and some spurious personalisation of content gets 191K!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Wow, great way to announce a show, BBC…’ is closed to new replies.