Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Wouldn't it be cheaper to drive
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

Rather than taking your car bit by bit?

The phrase ‘To posh to drive’ comes to mind

Evening Standard

CountZero

At least he’s got the window open so he gets some fresh air…

thecaptain
    Free Member

That’s a news story? Passengers were “shocked” but no-one “confronted” him?

konabunny
    Free Member

Car door on tube outrage

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just general outrage

nealglover
    Free Member

….nobody confronted the passenger

Confronted him about what exactly ?

Fair enough, it’s not something you see every day, but can’t see why anyone would “confront” him 🙄

jambalaya
    Free Member

The phrase ‘To posh to drive’ comes to mind

Why ?

Driving is posh-er than taking the tube and the guy in question looks very far from posh

joshvegas
    Free Member

Christ even on the subway some prick will have your wingmurror off and not leave a note.

andyl
    Free Member

I was expecting to see him handcuffed to the interior door handle.

breadcrumb

So it’s okay to photograph a random stranger because he’s carrying a car door?

martinhutch

What a nation we have become. Carrying something slightly unconventional on public transport. The shame.

crankboy
    Free Member

The only part of this worthy of comment is how and why is this worth photographing and sending round on social media what sort of sociopath does that about an unusual but innocuous train journey?

willard

So that poor sod has won something off eBay to fix and accident damaged car (possibly, I don’t know for sure) and people are slating him for fixing something?? I think the faux outrage lot can get fscked.

Harry_the_Spider

Heated wing mirror innit. He’s removed it to avoid jealousy.

molgrips
    Free Member

I am not outraged. Perhaps his car is broken…?

LapSteel
    Free Member

We could have a guess the car competition….I’ll go first…Nissan Primera

toby1

Walnuts?

willard

With those door handles? I’m thinking Toyota Corrola.

mattyfez

Not something you see every day, but hardly outrageous.. I’ve bought a car door before from a breakers yard after my car got broken into, and they ruined the door in the process.. Although luckily I had a friend give me a lift so I didn’t have to take it on a bus/train.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m with the it’s a bit odd taking pictures of people and the posting on the web

Trimix
    Free Member

He is wearing gloves – probably not to leave prints ! Should we ring the police ?

growinglad
    Free Member

Had to change a couple of biggish power supplies on a network switch a few years back. Bit too heavy to carry two plus my laptop on the tube….

…Luckily it was close to where the Mrs worked so got her to carry one of them…She’s a keeper!

D0NK

I can empathise with the fella. Got a workshop at my place of employment so it’s not uncommon for me to take bits of bike on the train to get em sorted. Oh the hilarious comments I get 🙄

Man takes car door on train

….. meh.

avdave2

[video]https://youtu.be/Q6i6g0JLKIw[/video]

bigyinn
    Free Member

I was helping a friend move from the Isle of Wight back to Portsmouth. This involves a ferry trip.
    We were both commuting across at the time, so had season tickets. There were cars at either side, so we hatched a cunning plan to put his bulkier items on luggage trolleys (like you find at train stations) to save money (taking the car across would have been £40 return at least).
    I think we ended up taking a fridge, a freezer, as double bed and a flip top kitchen bin across on trolleys before filling my car with EVERYTHING else he had. One of the ferry blokes wasnt too happy about us taking fridges on the boat, until it was pointed out that the onboard cafe had fridges in it anyway.

joshvegas
    Free Member

One of the ferry blokes wasnt too happy about us taking fridges on the boat, until it was pointed out that the onboard cafe had fridges in it anyway.
    POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

So in the end he was cool with it?

hora
    Free Member

Maybe he’s buying a car in installments?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s the new De Agostink part work. He got that and the 1st magazine for £3.50 but in about 6 years time a diaphragm for the carb will cost £90 and the mag will go out of business with him still missing 3 crucial bits.

bigyinn
    Free Member

joshvegas – Member

One of the ferry blokes wasnt too happy about us taking fridges on the boat, until it was pointed out that the onboard cafe had fridges in it anyway.
    POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

So in the end he was cool with it?

Yeah he was pretty chilled about it afterwards.

unovolo
    Free Member

With those door handles? I’m thinking Toyota Corrola.

Pretty certain its off a ford fiesta from this era.

Hope its the right colour

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Wouldn't it be cheaper to drive’ is closed to new replies.