Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Would you wash an item of clothing…
  • monksie
    Free Member

…before returning it to the retailer for a warranty claim?
    Specifically, a pair of shorts where the seam has become unstitched?
    Even more specifically, when the shorts are caked in mud before being handed back to the retailer?

fasthaggis

No

stewartc
    Free Member

Chances are that piece of clothing will be binned, cant see it being cost effective to return shorts to the factory for repair, so no.

monksie
    Free Member

No thoughts for the poor sap who has handle the rank, sodden item out of the carrier bag and search and inspect for the unstitched seam?

chakaping
    Free Member

ask retailer

fasthaggis

sodden item out of the carrier bag

let the at least dry first ,ya minker 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Of course you should wash it.

You expect a shop worker to handle your shorts caked in mud/sweat etc?

DanW
    Free Member

Yeah, ask them. I wouldn’t want to receive dirty shorts but then you probably wouldn’t be over the moon if more stitching comes apart in the wash and they deny your warranty because the shorts look like them have suffered some massive abuse 😀 Could always just give them a quick hand wash to get the worst off as a compromise, it would almost be lazy not too 😀

monksie
    Free Member

Not my shorts.. If they’d been handed to me in the state they were in, I’d have refused to accept them. The customer is a bafoon and is now on ‘The List’ 🙂

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

wash’em ffs!!! Ewwwwww….

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes, and don’t wrap your forks in pants when you send them in either 👿 mingers 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes, and don’t wrap your forks in pants when you send them in either mingers

genuine lol.

what about knickers?

wordnumb
    Free Member

wrap your forks in pants

Really?

Because, wow, that’s a special logic going on there. Unless we’re using the American meaning of pants (trousers) – which suddenly seems almost sensible.

DanW
    Free Member

wrap your forks in pants

A very dangerous joke (hope it was a joke!) to make. I hadn’t given it a thought but now you mention it, it sounds like a good idea 😀 Maybe it could be the way STWers could identify themselves in all future fork servicing? 😀

bencooper
    Free Member

wrap your forks in pants

I once had an electric bike battery returned to me, in a box padded with cake. Lots of cake. Those brick-shaped ginger and raisin cakes, still in the packets.

It was actually really good padding, and and kept me fed for ages 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe it could be the way STWers could identify themselves in all future fork servicing?

sounds like a plan to me.

DanW
    Free Member

sounds like a plan to me

Done. Go forth and spread the word 😀

ThePinkster

If you do wash them make sure you follow the manufacturer’s instructions to the letter so they have no comeback that you didn’t follow the care guidelines so out of warranty.

monksie
    Free Member

Not. My. Shorts.

chakaping
    Free Member

Done. Go forth and spread the word

Do we need another thread asking whether to wash them or not?

njee20
    Free Member

Absolutely!

wwaswas

Not. My. Shorts.

you’re sending someone else’s shorts back?

monksie
    Free Member

Nope. They’re in the (shop) bin. I put them there after a colleague accepted them in an appalling state from the bafoon customer.

scc999

Not. My. Shorts.

you’re sending someone else’s shorts back?

Genuine lol!

Si

willyboy
    Free Member

Yes.
    I used to work for a cycle clothing manufacturer and we didn’t accept unwashed returns. So if I was you in future i’d not accept any unwashed returns.

mrmo
    Free Member

Nope. They’re in the (shop) bin. I put them there after a colleague accepted them in an appalling state from the bafoon customer.

Personnally would have refused to accept them! Most warranties i have seen do mention return clean.

lemonysam
    Free Member

I’ve sent back a returned item which arrived stinking of shit, complete with horrendous skid marks, with a note saying we won’t touch them so can’t honour the warranty.

monksie
    Free Member

The acceptee won’t be accepting the like again and if I’d been there when the fat head bafoon had tried to hand them in, he’d have been inpolitely advised to the contrary 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Would you wash an item of clothing…’ is closed to new replies.