Would you ride up Snowdon in the rain?

Home Forum Bike Forum Would you ride up Snowdon in the rain?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Would you ride up Snowdon in the rain?
  • munrobiker

I’ve done it. It’s fine. Moist but fine.

Premier Icon Pook
    Subscriber
    Reluctant

If you have the right clothing, why not? Never done it myself, but did Cadre Idris in awful weather one year……all good fun! 😆

wl

Both times I’ve been up it’s been horrible weather – cold, wet and with no views. Defo worth it though.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

No.

But I wouldn’t ride up it anyway.
    Push, maybe.

You could always go and play in the quarry instead, loads more fun. 🙂

Premier Icon nickjb
    Subscriber

I don’t really mind the rain but I’d still spend two days at CyB. Plenty of riding for two days and it’ll be still be fun in the wet, or maybe do an uplift day at Antor Stiniog

Subscriber

Why go all the way to one of the most beautiful places in the world and ride around a trail centre?

That’s like pulling Kylie and spending the night looking through her CD collection.

rb

We’re would you go ride,I ask this as I have just moved to that part of the world.

timnwild

Or say fcck it and spend both your north wales weekender days at Coed y Brenin?

Subscriber

Conwy Mountain, Llanberis Quarry and Moel Y Ci are my favourites, but I’m a bit of a mincer and they’re all pretty tame trails.

The Bikefax guidebook to Snowdonia is worth picking up – has some great rides, graded so you won’t scare yourself too much, unless you want to. 🙂

Alternatively, use the search function on here and have a look for suggestions for North Wales/Snowdonia routes. It’s a subject that comes up pretty often and there are some locals on here who can give you far better advice than I can.

I don’t mind the North Wales Trail centres, they really are good fun, especially Penmachno, but the natural stuff is just unbelievable & even more fun, at least in my humble opinion.

Kevevs

I’d give it a go like anything, just to tick a box, but probably not something to do and repeat again. Pushing a bike up a big mountain in the rain isn’t really my thing!

Premier Icon Kona TC
    Subscriber

Would you ride up Snowdon in the rain?

I would love to but it was a push & walk 😯 for me

rb

Thanks rs , i will have a look. I rode penmachno ages ago and will go again.

coopersport1

Yes. However last time in Feb it was Snow not rain!

No. Would rather spoil the point of it for me.

I_Ache

I rode Snowdon with a broken leg. Well I pushed up Llanberis and rode down Rangers.

First and only time I have been up Snowdon.

toftm

I did this earlier in the year with flyingmonkeycorps setting off at 6am in the worst weather and i can’t wait to go back and do it again! Something strangely satisfying about a proper big mountain ride (UK wise anyway)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Would you ride up Snowdon in the rain?’ is closed to new replies.