Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Would you report them?
  • Mister-P
    Free Member

At my daughter’s primary school there is an unadopted road that leads up to the front gates. Every week there is an e-mail from the school saying “please do not park on this road”. It is quite narrow, there are lots of kids about and parking there disrupts access to the school. They had a bit of a campaign asking parents to report cars parked there and the weekly e-mail did have a bit of a “shaming” section of registrations for a while.

So if you saw someone parking there would you “grass them up”? Or would it be a little petty and ultimately probably serve little purpose other that to make yourself feel a little smug?

pondo

Yeah, why not? I don’t really have an issue with highlighting people’s thoughtlessness.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

I’d report. Its one of my true pet hates in the morning when I see fat women who turn up late. Can’t be bothered to walk the extra 50 meters so they park on top of the corner of the road so kids crossing the road are nearly in the middle of the road by the time they can see past the car. Going to be accident one day.

Come the revolution they’re the first people I’ll behead.

wwaswas

The head teacher at my daughters infant school stopped trying to enforce parking after being punched by a parent she asked not to park on the Zig-Zags outside.

The traffic wardens only issue tickets if there’s police there too now.

This is in a fairly middle class area of a southern seaside town.

Don’t get involved would be my advice.

footflaps

Just drop a few boxes of screws / nails on the track…..

wwaswas

Just drop a few boxes of screws / nails on the track…..

That’ll encourage the ‘cycle to school’ kids 🙁

johndoh
    Free Member

Dropped my kiddies off this morning (school with not great access, lots of parents park on zigzags, on pavements etc). There have been repeated complaints from residents, requests from the school to be considerate etc.

So anyway, this morning there were four wardens prowling around, taking registration numbers, taking pictures etc.

When I went back to my car I noticed their van was parked half on the pavement 😆 wish I’d taken a picture but I was rushing to work.

Richie_B

Unless you know the full story no (but thats not going to go far on this forum)

DezB
    Free Member

punched by a parent

Why bother taking their kid to school? Just send him/her down the local park with a can of Relentless, cut out the middleman.

Junkyard
    Free Member

its pointless and they wont care and they wont change.
    I think we should be able to blwo up their cars with them in them.
    I have been hit twice [ on the bike]by the same moron turning right into a road completely on the wrong side of both roads !!!!. Apparently this was my fault both times.
    The second one a female parent had to intervene to stop them swearing
    I reported that one and with witnesses. nothing happened

edlong
    Free Member

Report them. There’s not much you can do, and it won’t make much difference, but that much you can do, and what little difference it might make is better than the categorically no difference it will make if you don’t.

cynic-al
    Free Member

As above – if it’s unadopted who can do anything about it?

Name and shame better…

aracer
    Free Member

Yes of course I’d report. Alternatively, or in addition get some “inconsiderate parking” (or something ruder if you like) stickers to attach to the middle of their windscreen.

brassneck

I think you’re on to a loser, we’ve had multiple notes in the school newsletter pointedly asking people not to cycle into the school gate (the safest place to dismount is inside, it’s us and maybe 2 other families who do it, and I won’t stop) yet not one asking people why they think drop off needs to be treated like a qualifying lap at Silverstone.

johndoh
    Free Member

get some “inconsiderate parking” (or something ruder if you like) stickers to attach to the middle of their windscreen.

***Permanent adhesive***

cb

brassneck – school gate being traffic access or pedestrian?

Those that say don’t report – is it because of the unadopted nature of the road or general cba? I asked the zig zag question on here some time ago

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/zig-zag-lines-outside-schools

FWIW I reported the lazy fat feckers (having got no where by asking them directly) and had two PCSOs on the gates very soon after. The fattest fool actually parked up on the lines right in front of them before scarpering when he finally clocked the hi viz ( no wonder cyclists get flattened). He got a lecture and a very firm promise that if he tried it again he’d be in bother. He’s never done it again.

So I little bi of effort and agro for me but the kids are a bit safer because of it.

aracer
    Free Member

I’d not necessarily go that far – permanent could be considered criminal damage – but something which will take them at least 10 minutes to get off.

Pleased to hear that you improved your situation, cb – proof that it is possible. All things considered we don’t have that big an issue here – though some parents still consider the school bus stop to be a drop-off point, and I’ve seen one make use of their Landy to drive over the grass verge between the main road and the service road used to access the school rather than follow the road round like any normal person.

toppers3933
    Free Member

They need to invest in some traffic cones and just cone it off. Nothing stands out more than some lone knobber moving cones so they can park where everyone knows they shouldn’t. :-)If its unadopted then they are perfectly within their rights to if they own it.

johndoh
    Free Member

And over on YouTube…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48lxqgdo8iw[/video]

plyphon
    Free Member

i’d do it for the lols

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Sikaflex a big dildo to the windscreen. Shouldn’t leave permanent damage and it will cheer you up watching as he tries to “Tug” the phallus off

cynic-al
    Free Member

Actually, given the circumstances, the filth might have an interest.

I’d report.

MoreCashThanDash

If the school want people to stop doing it, report it. Occasionally our village beat bobby spends his morning near the school and gives advice and/or tickets to the morons who double park or block drives.

If you do nothing, the morons – and their kids – will not learn that their lazy and thoughtless activities are not acceptable to the wider society of which they wish to be a part.

*Feels dizzy from the altitude on this high horse*

yunki
    Free Member

report, confront and attack.. maximum prejudice

cheviots
    Free Member

Last term it got a bit heated at little C’s school, between the responsible parents and the other lot!
    Police c/w video vans made a sweep every morning for a week and made anyone parking on the school markings move on. This sorted it for a couple of weeks then it was back to normal. So the next time they came in plain clothes and unmarked cars giving out tickets. Again this only had the desired effect (affect?) for a couple of weeks. The school was on a sharp bend in the road but you’d still get numpties parking on the bend and waiting till the classroom doors opened and then let their little darlings cross by themselves, it’s an infants school!
    Just shows you can’t teach swine!
    He’s at a different school this term so it’s not too bad although pedestrian access is via the staff car park so it’s not brilliant.

merynella
    Free Member
    johndoh
    Free Member

What really boils my p!ss is when I’m walking along the pavement with the kids and some selfish ****t actually mounts the kerb to park, heading towards us on the pavement and expects *us* to get out of the way of them.

One day…

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Business aquaintance of my boss was dropping his kids off at nursery, was getting his young son out on the road side, car clipped the door, put him in intensive care and killed his son, i can’t for the life of me understand what possesses people to do this.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Would you report them?’ is closed to new replies.