Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Would you rather be the General…
  • Kryton57

… with all the associated responsibility? Or the capable captain that continues to serve/make the general succesful?

Another example, Sir Alan Sugar. or happy enough to be Nick Hewer?

RustySpanner

I’m quite happy being Baldrick.

Kryton57

Lol….!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Currently reading Max Hastings book Catastrophe-Europe goes to war 1914.

Considering how inept, how unprepared and completely unfit for command ALL of the military leaders of the Great Powers were then i would have to say I’d much rather be a thick General than a dead infantry officer.

tenfoot

As far as I can tell, most generals live to work. I work to live, so can’t ever see me wanting to be a general.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Happy being responsible for my own work and no one else’s. And given the dictatorship my organisation has become since April, the further I can stay from the egotistical buffoon in charge, the better.

chewkw
    Free Member

Kryton57 – Member

… with all the associated responsibility? Or the capable captain that continues to serve/make the general succesful?

I like this sort of question … the answer is none of the above because I prefer to command both.

zippykona

Another way of looking at it is the recent story of the dead pilot and the passenger who was instructed how to land the plane.
    Would you want to land it or be a passenger?
    I’d definitely want to land the plane.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Me? Maybe double agent, who knows?

chewkw
    Free Member

zippykona – Member

Another way of looking at it is the recent story of the dead pilot and the passenger who was instructed how to land the plane.
    Would you want to land it or be a passenger?
    I’d definitely want to land the plane.

I prefer to be the pilot but only if someone can instruct me … can’t be harder than trying to trouble shoot computer BSOD.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Would you rather be the General…’ is closed to new replies.