Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Would you grass them in? Who to?
  • poly
    Free Member

One of my wife’s colleagues is off work at the moment having apparently tested positive for covid last Friday whilst being asymptomatic.

Today she walked past him in the street. He acknowledged her but didn’t stop. Her dad was with her and said, did you know him – he looked shifty.

So has he lied to work about being covid+
    or ignored quarantine rules? Would you report to manager or the police or keep quiet. She is presuming he’ll know who reported him if she does.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Or, given the hour, if you’d like something a little stiffer, the bar is open.

CheesybeanZ

Edward Woodward. He’ll sort it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    smudgey
    Free Member

Its always best to stick to your own business. He could have been coming back from the chemist/ anything. Just concentrate on yourself and your own family.

poah
    Free Member

if they tested positive then they will have had to have filled out a form online to get self certificated. Would they not have to show the info that they were actually positive. How did they get tested if they were asymptomatic?

grahamt1980

If positive and they are out and about then the coppers probably. And yes I would grass them in as they could be wandering about infecting people.

tjagain

I would in an instant – both to his boss and the police. if he is walking round covid positive he is breaking the law is he not and could infect others and probably will do. One person knowilng covid positive but not isolating caused an outbreak in Scotland requiring hundreds of people to isolate and infecting a dozen or more

if he is covid positive he should not be out of the house even to go to the chemist

molgrips
    Free Member

I would definitely grass you up to the grammar police though.

“To whom..?”

perchypanther
    Free Member

He was only testing his eyes

loum
    Free Member

Was this in Barnard Castle?

701arvn
    Free Member

I wouldn’t:

1. Not my circus, not my monkey.
    2. Given the uncertainty, it would be wrong to act.

He is most likely just throwing a sicky. I think the point made about it being asymptomatic suggests this, or at least introduces sufficient uncertainty for the issue to be questionable.

piha
    Free Member

OP – you say the alleged miscreant has “allegedly” been tested positive for CV-19, could you explain how you came about this piece of information?

loum
    Free Member

Fines start from 28th September.

Dickyboy

If he was asymptomatic why did he get a test….

Perhaps they were in close contact with another and advised to, you know via the track and trace system..

flicker
    Free Member

Yup, in an instant and I’d make sure he knew it was me too.

Either he’s a liar and is using other peoples suffering as a means to skive off, or he’s a thoroughly selfish ignorant ****

sharkbait
    Free Member

Perhaps they were in close contact with another and advised to, you know via the track and trace system

Oh, you mean the one that simply tells you to self-isolate without needing to take a test?

anagallis_arvensis

If he was asymptomatic why did he get a test….

Perhaps they were in close contact with another and advised to, you know via the track and trace system..

They told me not to get a test unless I had symptoms and my partner has tested positive.

boombang
    Free Member

Would you wife be comfortable having not done something if it caused another to die?

kelvin

Does she work in Downing Street?

munrobiker
    Free Member

Definitely, I would mention it to the police. To go around with the disease knowingly is a despicable thing to do and deserves punishment. That way if he’s skiving off he won’t immediately lose his job, just get a talking to from the police- while I’d not condone skiving off I’d also not wish being fired on anyone just now.

frankconway

having apparently tested positive for covid last Friday whilst being asymptomatic.

Key word is ‘apparently’.
    Unless/until that becomes definitely tested positive the question is hypothetical.
    If your wife has her colleagues contact details, she could ask the direct question – did you test positive?
    Yes = report to police and employer.
    No = why are you not at work?
    Either means calling them out and that could have consequences for your wife.

Edukator
    Free Member

So the guy gets a call from the police and denies going out. What do they do? Nothing.

He then gets contacted by work. And denies it.

He contacts the police and says it’s highly likely that the person who made the false statement is a work colleague becuase he’s also been reported at work, and he’d like to make a complaint against them as it’s highly likely that it’s someone who has a grudge against him who has made the false statement.

And so on. Lots of mud flies, some of it sticks, the police and HR give up and your wife has something in her HR record she’d rather not have. She battles to get it removed and fails.

Seen similar happen.

poly
    Free Member

Its always best to stick to your own business. He could have been coming back from the chemist/ anything. Just concentrate on yourself and your own family.

Is it not everyone’s business if he spreads an infectious disease around town? If he’s +ve he shouldn’t be going to the pharmacy – he’s not supposed to leave the house. The Pharmacy is full of old people and people with underlying health conditions – it’s the worst place he could go.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Send an email to him.

“Are you skiving or risking the lives if others”

With a list of jobs you need doing.

hols2
    Free Member

poly
    Free Member

if they tested positive then they will have had to have filled out a form online to get self certificated. Would they not have to show the info that they were actually positive. How did they get tested if they were asymptomatic?

Asymptomatic people can be tested if they have been in contact with symptomatic people. I’m not sure how stringently employers are policing the self-certification and evidence of results. At my place we insist on seeing negative test results before letting people back but I don’t think we’ve had a positive yet – I expect we would take that at face value unless there was reason to suspect otherwise.

poly
    Free Member

Why allegedly (actually I said apparently). Because neither my wife nor I have seen a test certificate so it seems appropriate to highlight that its possible he made that bit up. She is aware of his “status” because he informed the whole team.

Her assumption (and she knows him I don’t) is that he’s lied about the test result to get 10 days off. She finds it hard to believe that he (or indeed anyone) would get a positive and wander the streets; I’m not convinced.

I’d have challenged him on the spot.

Edukator – you are paranoid.

anagallis_arvensis

Asymptomatic people can be tested if they have been in contact with symptomatic people.

Very very clearly not what I was told by track and trace. I am in house with covid, also the one contact not in the house ID’d and in isolation was also told NOT to get a test unless symptomatic.

Edukator
    Free Member

Edukator – you are paranoid.

Denounce him to the police and see what happens then. 🙂

Stasi informers, Vichy France denouncers, grudges were still being settled years after, and still are.

If someone is dishonest enough to do what you suspect he is doing do you really want to make yourself his target?

Denouncing someone without proof is not a good idea. From what you’ve said there are no videos, photos or any other proof you could present.

Drac

Its always best to stick to your own business. He could have been coming back from the chemist/ anything.

Still not supposed to be out.

However, something doesn’t add up. Unless they paid for a test, lied about their symptoms to get a test you can’t get tested without symptoms even if you’ve been in contact with a positive case.

Stasi informers, Vichy France denouncers, grudges were still being settled years after, and still are.

Bloody hell that’s some comparison. 😂

footflaps

Bloody hell that’s some comparison.

Godwins law by Proxy…

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’d grass him up for sure. Selfish prick, who is endangering the life of others…including possibly further down the line me and my family. So yes it would absolutely be my business.

Worrying that folks on here think its ok to go to the chemist if you are positive i must say..

If someone is dishonest enough to do what you suspect he is doing do you really want to make yourself his target

The first part of that comment I don’t even know where to start with.. it’s so ridiculous.

As for not doing the right thing for fear of reprisal..that’s the hallmark of a coward I’m afraid..

Edukator
    Free Member

Different cultural values that’s all. The UK and US have a vigilante culture and in other places it’s considered bad form.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

One grasses up, one dobs in.

Drac

The UK and US have a vigilante culture and in other places it’s considered bad form.

I can’t speak for the US but no U.K. doesn’t have a vigilante culture.

tjagain

Bollox

this is about protecting your neighbours, friends and family

Would you not intervene or report a mugging? would you call the police if you saw a drunk driver?

kilo

Different cultural values that’s all. The UK and US have a vigilante culture and in other places it’s considered bad form.

Obviously not France which had considerable anti-collaborator extra-judicial action and various vigilante attacks in Algeria if I’m not mistaken. And this
    https://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20200616-police-battle-arms-vigilantes-chechen-north-african-drugs-dijon
    Or indeed Germany, Italy and probably most places where humans live.

Edukator
    Free Member

Did you read tthe title of that before posting, Kilo? 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

Yup, aP, that’s why collaboration is still seen as unacceptable and why I made the reference to the Stasi and Vichy France.

In answer to TJ’s questions I’ve never called the police about a drunken driver of which there is no shortage in these parts, one of the less appealing aspects of local culture. I have helped someone being agressed (without needing to touch enyone, being present was enough), but no I didn’t report it and very much doubt the victim did either.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Would you grass them in? Who to?’ is closed to new replies.