Would you do survey about mobiles for my Cousins Daughter?

Home Forum Chat Forum Would you do survey about mobiles for my Cousins Daughter?

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Would you do survey about mobiles for my Cousins Daughter?
  • Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

Its for her degree dissertation

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE93YzVUT05ERmtuYU56XzVjNW9TLUE6MQ

Thanks

PS apparently she needs a slightly bigger sample and in particular more men….

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

Done. Made me feel like I have no moral conscience.

I’m off to buy some fairtrade goods.

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

Yes its a bit like that. But thats not your problem. Thanks alot

muckytee

It’s pizza and TV o’clock

I’ll give you a nice thorough reply tomorrow, I hope that’s fine?

grum

I did it. It seems somewhat slanted towards ‘Apple are evil’ though (from the title/intro etc). Are Apple any worse than other brands of mobile phone in terms of worker conditions and environmental concerns? Or do they just get more publicity as they are so high-profile/newsworthy?

Maybe they are, I dunno.

Be nice if it said thanks when you’d finished!

Edit: Oh, the page title says thanks 🙂

Done.

As an aside I studied statistics in uni briefly and she may be in for a kIcking in the layout of her asessment. Sorry.

big yim

done, seemed slightly one sided though. Dont see apple are any worse than coca cola ect

Edukator

Loaded questions, just add some more weight.

chewkw

Done. Not buying into all those ethical, fair trade spin …

Premier Icon jambalaya
    Subscriber

Done, best of luck to her

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

WOW thanks alot.

Yes i agree its not that neutral…

federalski

Done, I am a horrible person…

Gweilo

Done. Hope it helps and good luck to her.

muckytee

Done

Seems like at the end of the day I care about my life more than other peoples

Premier Icon beej
    Subscriber

I’m clearly evil. None of my far-Eastern manufactured electronics are fair trade or “ethical”.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

and the real irony is that an “Ethical” smartphone would be made in the same way just with a nice show factory and more layers of 3rd party suppliers to buffer the Brand name.

jonah tonto

done.
    i recently did an environmental conservation degree and if it taught me one thing it was that if you want to change the world become an investment banker.

i do understand how important honest responses are for your dissertation though……

aP

Done. I had to write about 200 words in the other box for nearly every answer though as I couldn’t answer the question any other way.
    Just out of interest – what mobile phone does she have, and how often does she replace it?

Toasty

Done, I’m horrible too. Where do I collect my slightly shonky fair trade iPhone for £800?

logical

Done and I’m horrible too. It doesn’t really bother me either 😈

dribbling

Done – one thing she may want to amend, where a question asked for ‘primary’ reason, you could enter multiple choices…might screw up with her analysis.

However, I’m clearly going to hell anyhow.

epo-aholic

Done……i’m definately going to hell 🙁

aP

On the ethical/ sustainable front – a couple of people I know who are the biggest proselytisers for this have the highest carbon footprints. Constantly flying round the world on ethical holidays, driving 10’s of thousands of miles in big cars and heavy consumers of products – many of which are air freighted in to the UK.
    I buy stuff, I make choices bases on advertising (of course) but also on country of origin, stated views on sustainability and longevity etc. the questions in the form above were so limited in terms of those fields and seemed crudely set to get exactly the answer she wanted to get. Shame really.

z1ppy

LOL, talk about onesided pish, completed it for the hell of it

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

I’m fairly sure she has an iphone. A reaction to the rest of the family being Andoid. She certainly has Mac book…..

I once stayed in a house where the dish washer was wired in so that it would only run in the middle of the night to to reduce its carbon foot print.

Fair enough except the family of 5 that lived in the house were all on holiday in Australia!!!!!

aka_Gilo

Done.

I’m a heartless capitalist pigdog.

crankboy

Done I’m a sandle wearing tree hugging hypocrite.

Premier Icon Onzadog
    Subscriber

It made me realise that if I bought everything fair trade, it would cost me so much, that I’d have to become a fair trade working myself making ugly nik-naks out of reclaimed junk.

Slogo

Imagine how much that item would cost if it was ethical……..

andrewhowell

The item should be high quality with so many features.

Premier Icon funkrodent
    Subscriber

Done. I too am a heartless, capitalist pig. Only good news is that my age category is now apparently 35-45, as opposed to 40-50. This is a good thing as it means I can defer any acceptance of adult responsibility for a few more years 🙂

Done too but I’m lumped in with the up to 55s now 🙁

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Would you do survey about mobiles for my Cousins Daughter?’ is closed to new replies.