Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Would you buy online from cash convertors?
  • Premier Icon monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Seen a computer I,m interested in,bit worried about them delivering it.Any of you people ordered online from them?Good or bad experience?Thanks in advance for any help.

Premier Icon wooobob

I haven’t, but I’d give it a shot if they had what I wanted at the right price. Using a credit card in case of a problem.

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

Can’t really see much of a problem. They are a pretty reputable company with high street shops. They offer limited warranty on used stuff. Only issue might be that they haven’t done enough to check if it was stolen, but they do supposedly check

Premier Icon involver
    Free Member

Bought a Playstation from them. Was all fine apart from some minor damage that wasn’t as described. Decided I’d keep it anyway so they gave me some money off. Would probably use them again if the price is right.

Note that each shop is a franchise, so some of them have different postage costs etc. and if you have any problems you will have to contact the store you bought from. Think you get 14days to return as standard.

Premier Icon bentandbroken

Simple answer – Yes.

NB

Note that each shop is a franchise, so some of them have different postage costs etc. and if you have any problems you will have to contact the store you bought from

Not sure this is the case. I bought a second hand phone from one CC shop and took it back to another without any problem. It may have helped that the phone was faulty and the only equivalent was in another shop, but they did not seem at all bothered as long as I had all the paperwork.

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ

Credit card and distance selling regulations, you’ll be covered.

Premier Icon Cougar

Consumer Rights Act. “Distance Selling Regs” haven’t existed for 5 years now.

Premier Icon monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Umm….I don’t have a credit card only a Visa debit card.Would that give me any protection?

Premier Icon cyclistm

No

Premier Icon maccruiskeen

Can’t really see much of a problem. They are a pretty reputable company with high street shops. They offer limited warranty on used stuff. Only issue might be that they haven’t done enough to check if it was stolen, but they do supposedly check

I guess it’s a question of whether it’s more or less of a check than eBay does 🙂

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

I got this for £300 Glasgow cash converters. Looks nos to me.Marin quake 9.0

Premier Icon seosamh77

I wouldn’t buy from cash convertors online or offline.

Premier Icon sbtouring
    Free Member

No. I too wouldn’t buy from cash convertors online or offline.
    Don’t know if the goods are genuine or stolen.

Premier Icon BlobOnAStick

I asked the same question I here about 18 months ago and the feedback was positive. I bought and was very satisfied with the result – all as described and packaged well for the post.

I think Cash Converters require some kind of proof of ownership before accepting goods. But even if they didn’t, they’re staking their reputation on this model so I wasn’t too worried in spending £80 with them.

Premier Icon GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Personally, I’d give Cash Converters a wide berth. They buy mid-price stuff dirt cheap, then try to sell on at a premium.

Premier Icon gobuchul
    Free Member

I bought a Arcam 9 CD player off them, a couple of years ago.

Price checked on Ebay and it was very reasonable.

Delivered quickly and as described.

A couple of weeks later, the remote turned up, with a note that they had found it in the shop and it must belong to the CD deck. The remote wasn’t mentioned in the original ad, they can go for quite a few quid on ebay, so pretty pleased with the service.

Premier Icon nickjb
    Free Member

They buy mid-price stuff dirt cheap, then try to sell on at a premium.

Yeah, I think they used to buy things at a premium then sell them dirt cheap but that didn’t work out.

Premier Icon midlifecrashes

They take PayPal now, should give you a bit more security if you haqven’t got a credit card.

Premier Icon brads
    Free Member

Stolengoods R us

Stolengoods R us

You know that or you think that? There are plenty of routes to market for stolen goods that don’t require the person fencing them to have a face to face encounter with with an intermediary that requires proof of ID and keeps records of the transactions. If you had hot goods to dispose of there’s are whole slew of easier and more attractive and more profitable options.

Premier Icon brads
    Free Member

If you had stood in the Lieth walk branch and watched who came in the door carrying obviously stolen goods and walk out without them, your opinion would be the same as mine.

Wouldn’t touch the place.

As for easier and more profitable routes , Oh really ?

Most of it goes to a pub for a tenner so Stolengood R us is a better option than most.

your opinion would be the same as mine.

I don’t think there’s many opinions we share

Premier Icon brads
    Free Member

Ooh get you !!

Careful you don’t trip over your superiority complex.

Careful you don’t trip over your superiority complex.

I’m just bowing to your expertise. I’ve spent time in prison but I can’t identify a criminal or the provenance of an item they’re carrying just by looking at them. I need a tape measure to work out if someones eyes are too close together. Social distancing makes that awkward.

Premier Icon brads
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s many opinions we share

Is not bowing to my expertise. It’s making it clear you feel you are very different to me.

Fair enough, not like I care but yes, sometimes you can see a junkie thieving scrote just by the cut of his jib.
    Sure you’ve met enough to know that as well.

Premier Icon GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Yeah, I think they used to buy things at a premium then sell them dirt cheap but that didn’t work out.

Indeed, not a great business model.

My point being is that they screw people over on the price they offer as it’s often desperate folk trying to raise a bit of cash. But that’s how pawnbrokers operate, just doesn’t sit right with me.

Premier Icon dyna-ti
    Free Member

sometimes you can see a junkie thieving scrote just by the cut of his jib.

Or you could see a vulnerable individual in the throes of a terrible disease 😉
    The smarter members of this board will of course recognize why alcoholism is a disease and heroin addiction isn’t.

Funny junkie joke.

Whats the difference between a junkie, and an alcoholic ?.

Both will steal your handbag, but the junkie will help you look for it 😆

Premier Icon Northwind

I think their online shop is more likely to get the prices right, while the real shops are largely about finding the hidden treasure- the posh guitar brand they’ve never heard of, that sort of thing.

Premier Icon cheddarchallenged

Wouldn’t it be easier just to buy from the local junkie / burglar and cut out the middle man? 🤪

Premier Icon monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Not really,SARS 2 is the least of your worries getting near those guys!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy online from cash convertors?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.