Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Would you buy a Saab?
  • palmer77
    Free Member

I used to have a 9-5 Aero estate and now have a 9-3 Aero saloon. Both brilliant cars, the 9-5 felt like a tank with an amazing amount of power and the 9-3 is just as quick, albeit slightly more throughout the power range. No regrets!!!

RustyNissanPrairie

to be honest – i wouldnt buy any new (ish) diesel car nowadays, emissions have made car makers bolt far too much crap onto an essentially dirty engine in order to clean them up. They have now become too costly/unreliable compared to petrol engines which dont seem to have advanced much in the lastfew years.

That coupled with the price of petrol vs diesel at the pumps and generally the premium for the diesel engined car in the first place means I prefer petrol nowadays.
    Saying that – I have just bought a diesel Merc Sprinter with all their inherent injector issues! (wish me luck)

hora
    Free Member

Wow cheers rusty. Thats now on the list. Need to testdrive one. Forgot to clarify; 2.4 n/a or 2.4T?

RustyNissanPrairie

2.4NA, 140bhp (allthough they do a 170 NA), no turbo issues then either, just a big grunty 2.4lt 5cylinder old school lump

hora
    Free Member

Thought so. Sorely tempted. Especially as cheaper. Bet there are 1 owner/fvsh out there as well!

RustyNissanPrairie

be carefull with colours a lot look like old mans cars – ours is silver with all black interior.

Gribs

petrol 2.0 mondeo? Schoolboy error that I’m afraid!

Why? It’s the second best engine in the mk3 Mondeo range after the 3.0 in the st220. The 1.8 is slower and no better on fuel, the 2.5 isn’t any quicker and is much worse on fuel. The diesels are rough and noisy, plus they tend to break expensively.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy a Saab?’ is closed to new replies.