Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Would you buy a 'car of your youth' and what one ?
  • olly2097
    Free Member

Still own a Citroën Saxo VTS. Can’t let go of it.

Not to be confused with a VTR.

Lives in the garage forever falling to pieces when it has a trip out.

Rare now. So much fun to drive like a turd in it mind. Will go to 70 mph in 2nd.

Normally drive a sensible diesel mondeo/fiesta with child seats and roof racks.

turbo1397
    Free Member

@pacerc100.. I just sold my phase 2 gtt. Had it 20 years but would rather have seen someone restore it than it just sitting rotting away. Hopefully he’ll make a good job of it!

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Think someone posted on page 2.

850 T5R.

Spent a couple of years riding for a team sponsored by the local Volvo dealers.
    Had a couple of normal 850 estates with racks all over them for the bikes and the DS got a T5R. Spent many happy day during the week driving out to some anonymous town with a couple of team mates to pre-ride bits of next weeks race. (I was the teams elder statesman by then 🙁 so had to drive the keen young kids, who the DS didn’t trust…….)

Even had a made impulsive look for one a few years ago. They were all either completely shagged or had been restored/updated/covered in bodykit. Which sort of defeats the purpose of a Q car. Even with access to discounted OE parts it wasn’t worth trying to repair/undo the damage…..

Ah well.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

@countzero – a good friend has a Lotus Sunbeam in a lock-up. He used to rally co-drive, as did his uncle. His uncle gifted the Lotus to him when he became too old to ‘make progress’ while driving. Mick assures me it’s still in amazing condition.

80s cars like 80s music seemed great at the time but now, not so great.

Cars, yes. Music, no. 😉

Saccades
    Free Member

trail_rat – Member
    monkeysfeet

a guy i rode with for a few years has one of them – hes owned it since new and its his baby. garaged and wanted for nothing – ever.

It must be one of the few not through a hedge.

I know where an immaculate one has been laid up for the last 20 years? Import tax even back then was £20K and the owner just put it into the back of his shed (with the other silly cars he has).

Rover 200 Coupe turbo for me I think.

tonyg2003

Citroen CX Turbo 2 for me…. I always have had a thing for big Citroens (and owned quite a few).

CountZero

@countzero – a good friend has a Lotus Sunbeam in a lock-up. He used to rally co-drive, as did his uncle. His uncle gifted the Lotus to him when he became too old to ‘make progress’ while driving. Mick assures me it’s still in amazing condition.

Trying to find an emoji to show going green with envy, but this’ll do!

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I would have a 1971 Hillman Imp Super in a heart beat! Was only 13 years ago…

Cheers, Steve

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘Would you buy a 'car of your youth' and what one ?’ is closed to new replies.