Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Would People Want a Pump Track in the Alps?
  • mansell
    Free Member

We are thinking of building a pump track near our chalet in Les Arcs for evenings entertainment for guests or just for days off fun. Would people be interested in riding those? possibly some timed 10 lap comps for prizes over the season?

jameso

would be fun in the evenings with a few beers and a chainless bmx )

MrNutt
    Free Member

what jameso said, I’d be up for that!

djglover
    Free Member

Like having a w*** in a brothel

ahwiles
    Free Member

yes, they’re great fun.

but you’d probably need to supply a couple of bmx’s – the bike that most people will take to Les Arcs might not be ideal for a pump track…

lunge

As per everyone else, sounds great fun for evening playing but you would also need a couple of BMX’s or little jump bikes for people to use. In fact, to stop people taking them into the hills how about 2 chainless and brakeless BMX’s?

coolbusbry
    Free Member

YES!!!!
    Rob and My good self have been talking about building one for ages, we’ve just been stumped for where to put one and so will gladly help with the build.

snaps
    Free Member

Might appeal to some but we just wanted to take it easy after a day on the lifts.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Go for it, they are great fun. There is going to be a pump track race night in Hawick next week and another during the Tweedlove festival. Depending on the size of your rollers you might find jump bikes are faster, def take the chain off to stop cheeky ratcheting. Like the idea of no brakes too.

mansell
    Free Member

There are some great spots of land dotted around here perfect size wise (bout tennis court) which would work really well. might be a case of building some ‘scrap’ bikes out of spares for people to use. great for evenings worth of fun before dinner and beers when its dark!

grum
    Free Member

There’s a pump track in Alpe D’Huez – seemed to be fairly well used.

coolbusbry
    Free Member

If you built it, they will come….

Tris
    Free Member

Where were you thinking of putting it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Much like the little kickers that get built outside the bar at the foot of the piste at the end of a day’s skiing, this would be ace!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I am getting one built plus some other stuff in Southampton Sports Centre.

Not as cool as the Alps I grant you but a bit closer for most of us.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Like having a w*** in a brothel

This.

That said, I’d still ride it if it was there. Brake/chainless bmxes would be funny.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

We are having chain free racing at the Big Bike Bash this year on the new gravity track and pump track

t_i_m
    Free Member

yes. would be perfect for killing a bit of time while waiting for the rest of the group to faff in the morning or queue for the jet wash in the evening.

BigJohn

A track pump would be more use.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Yes.. would this be in time for July?

even better 🙂

lucien

Pumptrack also at Les 2 Alpes, plenty of people using, hanging around etc on all types of bikes. Very tight on a DH rig, but doable for about 3 laps and then legs/lungs explode

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Would People Want a Pump Track in the Alps?’ is closed to new replies.