Would it have been a different story if she had been a he??

Home Forum Chat Forum Would it have been a different story if she had been a he??

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Would it have been a different story if she had been a he??
  • Jamie

/nailed it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQRVf7JuZts[/video]

Premier Icon bruneep
    Subscriber

every school boys fantasy is it not?

Bazz

If the boy was aged between 16 and 17 then where was the criminal offence, immoral and a breach of trust yes, but I didn’t think that that would be illegal, more a sacking offence from her trusted position as a teacher, or am I missing something? Well obviously I am.

gogg

Bazz “sexual activity with a person under 18 while in abuse of a position of trust” Section 16 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003.

gogg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-26927378

Female teacher spared jail for sex with pupil, yes he was over 16, so she got ten months suspended. Can’t help thinking that if she had been he, he’d have gone down (so to speak).

Age of equality? Not just yet…

londonerinoz

It certainly seems inequal between those two examples.

I wonder how much the victim impact statement influences sentencing. We don’t get an indication of the boy’s one, but the relationship was far more involved and seemingly supportive of the teacher, whereas the girl gave a negative impact statement.

You would have thought the male teacher would have got less in mitigation given the devastating effect on his home life and career. Set it in the context of child abuse cases the court would deliberate on more frequently and it seems to me that the male teacher’s actions are perceived within that realm while the female teacher doesn’t seem to be by virtue of being a woman who had more of an unfortunate relationship.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

It’s hard to believe that she had time what with all the marking, preperation, and general hard work that teachers have to do.

derekfish

So have I read that correctly she not only had sex with the fella but gave him a dose as well?

Is it just me or does there seem to be an increased incident in the number of teacher pupil relationships and if so does this further underline the discussion we were having about teachers not necessarily having the respect of either pupils or parents that they once enjoyed?

Then they wonder why there is little support for pay rises, not of course that you can hold everyone responsible for individual cases, it’s not good though, something is clearly wrong in the discipline structure, not of the pupils, of the teachers and how they feel they can behave.

toys19

TBh it sounds liek the right sentence, morally, no issue but professionally she should not be in a school.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Then they wonder why there is little support for pay rises

Tenuous link of the day award?

If there is an increase in “this sort of thing”, it probably has a lot to do with the increase in “sexualisation” of young people (fashion, peer pressure that sort of garbage) which feeds into the myth of earlier sexual maturity.

Premier Icon aracer
    Subscriber

Well she did get a jail sentence didn’t she? TBH comparing it with Edukator’s case, just going on what has been reported the sentences aren’t at all surprising even if you ignore the gender of those involved (or imagine them being the opposite way round). It is after all quite normal to have a fairly wide range of sentences for the same offence and consider suspending a jail sentence depending on the actual severity of the offence.

WackoAK

Is it just me

Yes, unless you read the Daily Mail?

hooli

Couldn’t agree more, if she was a he then it would be jail time and the locals wold be lined up outside the teachers house with pitchforks and rope.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

derekfish – Member
    So have I read that correctly she not only had sex with the fella but gave him a dose as well?

You must be reading a fair bit into that!

But then again throwing in pay rises….

Fair play to the lad, who wouldn’t have biffed one of their teachers at school! As for her I guess because she so busy Marking and having the worlds most difficult job, she didn’t have time to get out on the town and fulfil her ravenous appetite for cock with some adults, so she had to make do with what was lying around

ernie_lynch

Then they wonder why there is little support for pay rises

Are you really using this case to attack the teaching profession ? What a cheap shot 😯

And no, I don’t think there’s evidence of more inappropriate teacher-pupil relationships these days, there have always been cases and I haven’t heard of any research which suggests that it is now more prevalent.

Nor have I seen any research which to suggests there is little support for pay rises for teachers.

Premier Icon convert
    Subscriber

It’s always the drama teacher with the dodgy morals. I’ve worked in a fair few schools and it’s always the drama teacher! Granted, not normally with one of the kids!

Premier Icon kcal
    Subscriber

“increased incident / incidence” – I’d say not, just increased media reporting across the country — FWIW in my days at school (late 70s) there was always at least a couple of teacher – pupil relationships ongoing (drama teacher then too) at least some of which ended up in happy (as far as I know) marriages..

Just need to watch “Gregory’s Girl” as well to see the acceptant attitude of those days..

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

yep it definitely didn’t happen at our school and the teacher didn’t suddenly find they liked each other when she got her a-levels at all..

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

I wonder how much the victim impact statement influences sentencing.

Indeed. Especially if the witness statement read “WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!”

You have to look at the impact on the ‘victim’. I doubt he’s curled up in the corner of a room, rocking back and too and sobbing at the way he’s been exploited, is he?

gogg

derekfish

The report read “The matter came to light when the boy, aged between 16 and 17 at the time of the abuse, visited a sexual health clinic with Burgess after she developed symptoms of an infection.” I read that as he gave her a dose, let’s face it if he’s sh**ging a teacher, he’s a player and probably banging a few girls in his year as well, using only a bus shelter for protection.

mikewsmith

she got her a-levels

that’s another level altogether.

derekfish

Ah so he gave her a dose then, so that’s OK the world back on its keel..

And yes Ernie bitter and twisted as I am, I’ll use any excuse to attack the teachers profession, they are a constant let down imv many of them spend far too much time on here instead of working and I’m also aware it is Easter, another long vacation so a time when not so many will be on forums instead of all that marking and supervising of our young.

Edukator

The Police “don’t stand so close to me”
    Busted “It’s what I go to school for”

For attitudes in popular culture.

If you’re looking for regular incidents concerning youngsters in the 16-18 age range then teaching is the wrong place to start looking. Look at any sector that employs in that age range and you’ll find plenty of assault and rape cases. The mass of consensual boss-employee relationships never make headlines of course. Try “waitress”, “au pair”, “hotel staff”, “holiday job” in your searches.

A higher standard is demanded of teachers and rightly so, but a jail sentence for consensual sex with a 16 year old seems disproportionate. I’m shocked that an STD clinic blew the whistle.

nick1962

Taking it up a notch what if it had been a male teacher with a male pupil at a Catholic school?
    Daily Wail et al wold have been apopletic.

Premier Icon slowoldman
    Subscriber

Taking it up the notch? Isn’t that normal in Catholic schools?

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

What you’re thinking of there is the Choirboys Lament

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Would it have been a different story if she had been a he??’ is closed to new replies.