Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Would anyone like two cocks?
  • andrewh
    Free Member

We have a surplus of cockerels and two of them need to go, if anyone would like one or two of them please get in touch, email in profile.
    They are about 14 months old. We are not sure exactly what breed, I think they are Marrans, my other half thinks Scots Greys (anyone know how to tell them apart? They look very similar.)
    They are free to a good home, by which we mean somewhere where they get to spend time outdoors and are very unlikely to get eaten. We are a household of vegetarians and got their father, who we are keeping, to protect the rest of flock but one of the hens managed to hide while sitting on eggs long enough for them to hatch, two of which were the boys.
    I can deliver within the Edinburgh area or Fife, we live between Edinburgh and Peebles, but could arrange for them to go to South Lincolnshire next Sunday evening.
    Will try to get some photos up here soon.

qwerty
    Free Member

How big is your cock?

andrewh
    Free Member

Not quite as big as the adult but about a foot tall to the shoulder, good big tail, neck feathers starting to get big like their father’s. Lovely specimens and will get a little bit bigger before they are fully grown.

squirrelking
    Free Member

My folks are going away on holiday, wonder how they would feel if the hens got some company by the time they got back 😈

Scapegoat

My folks are going away on holiday, wonder how they would feel if the hens got some company by the time they got back

It shouldn’t trouble them. Hens are happier with a cock or two around, and the only issue is once a hen gets broody and manages to incubate an egg or two.

As in the OP.

jambourgie
    Free Member

I would love two cocks. Are they likely to get gobbled by a dirty fox?

bigrich

write a book?

zinaru
    Free Member

veggie household just outside edinburgh. will see what the boss says…

CountZero

Damn, thought this was about beer. Is disappoint. 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Damn, thought this was about beer. Is disappoint.

Their beer’s a bit of a disappoint as well, sadly. Nothing particularly bad about it, just doesn’t live up to the utterly lovely packaging.

CountZero

Flashy, that’s a shame, the bottles look lovely, and I’ve been meaning to take a run up there one Sunday afternoon to check them out.
    Still, no harm in going out for the afternoon for a drive and calling in, make it part of a day’s walk. Have to check out footpaths in the area.
    Cheers for the info.

soundb0y
    Free Member

We have 2 here that start crowing at 4am. Can have these as well before they get a bullet!

redstripe
    Free Member

There’s a pub near us called the Fighting Cocks at Sandy Balls…maybe they’d like them.
    local rag last week carried a story on how PETA were hassling them to change their name

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

local rag last week carried a story on how PETA were hassling them to change their name

Are those asshats after another pub? Thought it was only St Albans.

Montana knows how to deal with PETA.

Oh, and re cocks, we have a village peacock. Loud, horrible wankpheasant.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Would anyone like two cocks?’ is closed to new replies.