Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Would anyone care to sponsor my son a few quid?
  • gnusmas

Before I start, I apologise for asking. Its completely my fault and I can tell he is gutted, I’d forgotten all about it. He is an extremely well mannered and quiet boy but is happy to do it anyway and won’t complain about a thing.

Phoenix is 11 and he is doing a sponsored walk on Friday with his school to raise money for equipment for a breast cancer wing in a local hospital. I’ve had the form for about 2 weeks and literally just remembered about it now.

Would anyone want to sponsor him a pound or two for his 5 mile sponsored walk on Friday?

Thanks

krixmeister

Absolutely. Please post a link or instructions on how to sponsor.

batfink
    Free Member

Happy to throw a few quid in

gnusmas

Umm, all I got is the school letter and sponsor form. Clearly didn’t think this through very well 😔 now I’m sitting here head in my hands honestly not knowing what I’m doing

krixmeister

PayPal probably quickest/easiest. Let us know your PayPal email and anyone who wants to can friends&family gift some money.

rogermoore

Cash waiting!
    RM.
    p.s. electronically!

gnusmas

Yeah, I suppose PayPal probably is the easiest way. I feel like crap now. Simplest of things become a nightmare recently. All I’m trying to do is help him out a bit, can’t even get that right. I really am sorry.

My pp address is
    hoodahell AT hotmail DOT co DOT uk

Thanks for the replies and offers so far, really really appreciated.

krixmeister

Awesome! Should have something from me just now.

gnusmas

Yep, just come through. Thankyou very much krix, really appreciated.

krixmeister

Make sure to bump this thread in the morning as well, and good luck to your son!

batfink
    Free Member

Done! Plenty of people will be happy to donate to a local hospital, so might be worth setting up a justgiving link thing

granny_ring

Sent, good luck Phoenix 🤞👍

Poopscoop

Done and a bump.👍

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’m the josh you just received a tenner from with no note.

You’re doing a great job and I can’t even use Paypal correctly, stop giving yourself such a hard time you’re allowed to make mistakes.

Have fun filling out the form

Please put my name on the form down as Josh Loves Boobs. 2quid a mile.

Sandwich

Bumped again.

matt_outandabout

👍

precutduck
    Free Member

Done, bumped it up. Let us now how it all goes.

Bunnyhop

gnusmas – this is quite normal. Children forget to tell you stuff. Then because of a hectic lifestyle, the parents also forget. You are a good parent and are dealing with far too much atm. It’s impossible to be everything to everybody and do everything for everybody. Once in a while something will be forgotten, or let go by accident.

bunnyhop x

gnusmas

Now they have all gone to school I can reply. Thankyou so much to you all, wasn’t expecting a response like this. I showed phoenix this morning, a massive beaming smile and even tears in his eyes. Its a problem when the school does things like this and the only friends you have all have kids in the same school. Everyone is trying to get sponsored by the same people and this late no one wants to as they already sponsored others.

He asked if I could do a thankyou video for you all, which I will get done as well as a photo of him in pink on friday which is another part of it. Not a problem for him, he is very flamboyant. Thankyou all so much again, you have truly made him really happy.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Is there a direct link I can click on to ?

DickBarton

Just paypalled you as well.

If doing a video, please have 500 miles playing in the background. 🙂

Hope Phoenix enjoys the challenge (and I also hope he raises a huge amount for a great cause).

keefmac

Done, you’re doing a great job so try not to be so hard on yourself. Hope he has good weather for the walk too

ads678

Bunged a couple of quid in. Good luck.

We always forget about sponsorship forms and just end up putting our parents names on it and giving them a tenner or something to take to school!! Don’t beat yourself up about it gnusmas.

Esme
    Free Member

A small donation from me too. Not so much for the hospital, but to remind your kids they have such a fantastic dad!

ChrisHeath

Done 🙂

136stu
    Free Member

Done. And go easy on yourself – nothing would ever have got done if I’d had to cope on my own.

highpeakrider
    Free Member

Done, cheers

gnusmas

Thanks to you all again, you are all brilliant. You have truly made a little boy extremely happy in doing his part to help.

For those that have commented about me, I’m my own worst enemy unfortunately. It’s the way I feel and I can’t help doing it. But I appreciate what you’re all saying and I understand it.

jkomo

Fiver sent, really on behalf of the lovely Esme who is sending me some free stuff, so P&P to the lad.

mrchrist

Dosh doshed.

nbt

Now the forums’s back up, I’ve sorted this.

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Money sent, hope it goes well. All for such a good cause as well.

philholmes
    Free Member

Done, hope it goes well

nealglover
    Free Member

Good luck for tomorrow Phoenix 👍

sturmeyarcher

Price of a (Sheffield) pint heading your way. Always happy to support others helping others.

cyclistm
    Free Member

We’ve all been there buddy, feel like we are letting our kids down when juggling so much.
    Fiver on its way, good luck to Phoenix.

gray

Bit from me too…

gnusmas

Kids all sorted after a hectic evening at an open day for phoenix at the secondary school he’s attending next year. Managed to finally sit down for a bit before sorting clothes etc out.

I cannot begin to explain how appreciative I am for all your donations. Phoenix has been getting excited all evening as he cannot wait to hand the form in to school. There have been 36 sponsors and the total is just over a staggering £200. Thankyou all so much.

I did find out tonight that Phoenix, Liberty and Shelby are doing the sponsored walk. Different distances for different ages, but one sponsor form per family which is a lot better and easier than one per child. Phoenix bought it back so I assumed it was him doing it. This is now a family thing so I’ll attempt a photo and video of them all tomorrow instead lol.

theboatman
    Free Member

Hope they all enjoy it buddy👍

nealglover
    Free Member

Awesome 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Would anyone care to sponsor my son a few quid?’ is closed to new replies.