Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Wot landrover forum?
  • Stoner
    Free Member

*confesses to bolting shock absorber on before fitting coil, and having to take it back off again*

😳

mark90
    Free Member

As I said, next one will be quicker. We’ve all been there 😉

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Looking good stoner. While I agree with mark90 RE the next one being quicker, I do feel that it’s my duty to warn you just how quickly a spot of tinkering becomes the quest for landy perfection…

One day you’ll probably be thinking ‘hmm, might take a couple of hours to remove the wings and sort those bulkhead top corners out’.

Once they’re off, though, the bulkhead looks a bit rotten so you may as well make a shiny new one. Once that’s done you may as well get it galved. But that really shows the chassis up. So you’d best strip and galv that as well.

Seeing as everything’s off anyway, the axles, engine and gearbox are probably due a rebuild too. And so it goes on. My own quick bulkhead repair is 18 months and counting, let that be a warning to you…

mark90
    Free Member

Like what you’ve done with the straight rear extentions, removes the usual mud trap in the dip.

Stoner
    Free Member

ken – how do you think Ive got to this point in the first place?! 😉

Hmm, might weld some repairs on the bulkhead corners…
    …bulkhead is a bit shot isnt it? WHy not have it off and repaired…
    …oooh be a shame not to put a galv bulkhead back on that galv chassis…
    …ach, cant get the bulkhead off without removing the sills…
    …my, arent the sills shot too? they need to come off and be repaired..
    …probably ought to have them galvanised too…
    …that seat box looks a bit lonely there, I might as well have that off and give it some tlc…

Bought this in April:

it’s now like this in the garage in August:

But Im enjoying myself, and more importantly have a bit of pocket money to fund a new vice…

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Hah. A familiar tale then stoner. It’s funny how just about everyone with a landy over a certain age goes through the same thing…

RE vices, got any elderly Records you fancy parting company with? Need one in my life…

Like what you’ve done with the straight rear extentions, removes the usual mud trap in the dip.

It was mostly for ease of fabrication tbh. Guess not being a mud trap is a bonus!

I’m just gutted I didn’t think to put fuel tank mounts in the space between the chassis rails in front of the rear xmember. Tank is in the tub so COG is higher and it takes up a fair bit of space.

CountZero

It’ll be nice when it’s finished… 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

“Vice” as in dirty, filthy, addiction.
    Not as in clampy thing, KTC 🙂

CountZero

RE vices, got any elderly Records you fancy parting company with? Need one in my life…

Keep looking on eBay, you might get lucky and grab one when no-one’s looking. I got a rather rusty, (surface only) Record No4 for £50. Bloody heavy, just needs rubbing over with some wire wool and repainting.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ktc – gumtree

i picked up a number 3 and number 4 from fyvie for 90 quid the pair.

mint condition 😀

pretty sure they came from a clear out at the guys work …. he was true blue.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

STW Wikipedia of vices.

mcmoontertrackworld……. Vices

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Wot landrover forum?’ is closed to new replies.