Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Worst song ever…
  • jonba
    Free Member

I thought that would get a few comments 😉

It makes me laugh that people will happily dismiss music that they don’t like as rubbish. Normally music becomes “rubbish” about the point you stop being as interested and you get stuck with what you know (Oasis, indie for me).

As an example, you can say you don’t like Taylor Swift but plenty of people would disagree.

Swift has received many awards and honors, including 10 Grammy Awards, 23 American Music Awards (most wins by a female artist), 23 Billboard Music Awards (the most wins by an act),[374] 12 Country Music Association Awards, 8 Academy of Country Music Awards,[375] one Brit Award, and one Emmy Award.As a songwriter, she has been honored by the Nashville Songwriters Association and the Songwriters Hall of Fame, and has been listed in Rolling Stone’s 2015 list of the 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time.

Swift has sold more than 50 million albums, 150 million single downloads…

beltaine
    Free Member

Europe. “The Final Countdown”.

Spandex clad poodle rockers. Shite song too.

hols2
    Free Member

The Russians take the biscuit when it comes to seriously demented pop music.

Here’s my entry, its ludicrously NSFW so I wont embed the video.

You have been warned

That is pretty funny.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Swift has sold more than 50 million albums, 150 million single downloads…

Still produces some the most inane and bland song though right?

You are right, a lot of people like what she does. I’m sure if she listened to what I play on guitar she’d think similarly of me 🤷‍♂️

RustySpanner

Songs that give me an itch, right in the middle of my brain:

Living on a Prayer.
    The Final Countdown.
    Love Shack.
    Wannabe.
    Annnnnnnnnnd I will always love you – Whitney.
    The Joe Dolce one.
    Groovy Train – The Farm.

It’s all just noise, but personally, these just make me I’ll.

I’ve left out dodgy tracks by good bands, otherwise it would just be a track listing of Rattle and Hum.

robvalentine

Anything with auto tune in it. why the f@ck do “artists” and producers use it? it just sounds terrible, and obviously masks a lack of talent.

and as for the x factor types yodelling through the vocal register… just because you can, doesn’t;t mean you should.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

My special place in hell is reserved for Ed Sheeran. My daughter thinks my reaction to Galway Girl is hilarious and neither her or my wife can quite comprehend why I hate it so much.
    You just have to listen to the lyrics and let it paint a picture of what this girl is like. A smoky, alcoholic who he leches over in some Oirish theme pub. The equivalent of posh students in novelty guiness hats on St. Patricks talking about how their father had an Irish beater on their grounds, lovely people and the Craic and all that.
    “Dancing the ceilidh, listening to trad tunes” Is possibly one of the worst lyrics in music history.
    That and driving at 90 down country lanes.

darthpunk
    Free Member

This was just mental

Anything a bit mockney

and the 1000’s of incipid bloke songs

Hard to believe there used to be good music…….signed, eternally grumpy

tiggs121
    Free Member

Toto – Africa

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

One the few songs that induces a station change!

Caher

Good song Toto, from my youth. Shows one persons meat is another’s poison.

DezB
    Free Member

darthpunk

This was just mental

What’s mental? Posting videos of your worst songs? Yep, guess it is!! 😆

tjagain

Toto Africa is one I really hate. Just awful. final countdown as well.

Sex pistols? someone missed the point. Who killed bambi?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ha! Joey Headrest in the Final Condom.. That’s what we used to shout when it came on in a rock club near Alsager (or Leek) in Cheshire/Staffs boarders.. (can’t remember the clubs name, but some folk will know it on here)

Anyway, yeah.. the sodding Final Countdown.. Just to irritate a few of you.

crazy-legs

What’s that song with the lyrics “I don’t want to see a ghost, I’d rather eat a piece of toast” ?

I remember hearing that on the radio way back in the 90s and knowing even then that it was utterly awful. Awful enough for me to remember that line all these years later. Although thankfully the rest of the song and the “artist” escape me.

Whatever it is, I nominate that for the worst song ever.

martinhutch

Yes, that is so, so bad.

CountZero

As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serengeti

That lyric is teeth-grindingly bad! The tune’s ok, but the lyrics… 😖

Anything with auto tune in it. why the f@ck do “artists” and producers use it? it just sounds terrible, and obviously masks a lack of talent.

So very, very true! Pretty much Radio One’s entire playlist, plus One Xtra, Kiss, Heart…
    The problem is most modern pop is done by producers, who just find some anonymous bod, get them to ‘rap’ some c’n’p lyric and autotune it, with another anonymous female ‘singing’, rinse and repeat.

oomidamon

Another vote for The Final Countdown – “we’re heading for Venus but maybe they’ve seen us”…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I have to stop opening this thread; too many flashbacks. 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

bikebouy
    Free Member

“we’re heading for Venus but maybe they’ve seen us”…

Dear Lord yes! I’d forgotten that classic line.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🥴🎸🧟‍♂️

mickyfinn
    Free Member

This?

NSFW I have the say the chorus is quite catchy but the lyrics….

DezB
    Free Member

Seeing as people are posting videos, expecting them to be clicked on. Enjoy

perchypanther
    Free Member

Clearly no one remembers the classic “Last night my wife hoovered  my head”

Lester
    Free Member

try this one

the bloodhound gang

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Jesus, you lot are grumpy ****.

Here’s something genuinely awful:

RustySpanner

I like that Bloodhound Gang track!

Missed out…

…The Lady In Red – Chris de Burgh.

The Power of Love – Jennifer Warnes.

Candle in the Wind.

and of course, Sussudio.

DezB
    Free Member

Was Farrah Abraham something to do with the Smurfs? That song was pretty terrible too.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

As Johnba noted – this thread is quite amusing as it rapidly fills with people trying to prove how edgy and “right on” they are by listing stuff they personally don’t like. Or maybe they do, but think it makes them look cool and interesting to rubbish it. Most of the songs listed in the first few pages are not even close to being “the worst song ever”. Sure, they may be too saccharine or melodic or even bland for you but they have all met with significant popular approval and are clearly like (even loved) by a large number of people. Claiming that Adele can’t sing in tune only reveals the posters ignorance. This may be a bit harsh, but Edukator posted an example video of someone who can’t sing in tune. There are hundreds of songs I really don’t like and there are plenty of songs that (to me) are rubbish. Not sure I could pick out the worst of them though. And not really that invested to listen hard enough to come up with a candidate 🙂

Nico
    Free Member

DezB
    Free Member

his thread is quite amusing as it rapidly fills with people trying to prove how edgy and “right on” they are by listing stuff they personally don’t like. Or maybe they do, but think it makes them look cool and interesting to rubbish it. Most of the songs listed in the first few pages are not even close to being “the worst song ever”. Sure, they may be too saccharine or melodic or even bland for you but they have all met with significant popular approval and are clearly like (even loved) by a large number of people…

Blah blah blah, what a load of nonsensical rubbish. The only way to decide whether a song is good or bad is whether you like it or not. If everyone just analysed it and posted a load of words, what a tedious thread we’d get.

DezB
    Free Member

Actually that Robbie Williams song that has the tune of ner ner na ner ner is obviously the exception, because it IS the worst song ever. HA!

IHN

Someone’s already mention it, but the correct answer is effing Love effing Shack by the effing B effing 50 effing twos.

panzerjager
    Free Member

The power of Love – Jennifer Rush.

God I hate that song, sets my teeth on edge.

Also, considering the talent that is Mr. Stevie Wonder, ‘I just called to say I love you’. Bloody awful! even finishes with a ‘Cha-cha-cha’ on his keyboard.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Viewing 34 posts - 81 through 114 (of 114 total)

The topic ‘Worst song ever…’ is closed to new replies.