Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Worst place to ride in the UK?
  • Anonymous
    Free Member

What the heck is going on in Worcestershire? In the last week there have been traffic accidents galore on the roads with tragic consequences – I’m loosing count. Sadly, cyclists have not escaped either – one was taken to intensive care on Thursday (no update since) and today another has tragically lost his/her life on another road. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the families and friends of these two cyclists whoever they may be. Is it just Worcestershire or are there worst places to ride? Give me singletrack anyday.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Worst as in dangerous? London and any other big city. Accident stats should support this.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Manchester. No one checking their mirrors before turning left in front of riders. And when I came off on the ice, my own error, the cars just drove round me until I’d crawled onto the pavement. Took two school kids to ask if I was alright.

Non-samaritan and dangerous. A double whammy.

chrispuppet

East Norfolk – simply no trails.

Really nowhere to ride at all. Have to trek down to Thetford. All this countryside I thought there’d be trails on my doorstep.

sv

Northern Ireland – no legal trails!

loddrik
    Free Member

Liverpool and surounding, absolutely nothing around here, nearest is Delamere and N Wales or the peaks.

Smee
    Free Member

Innerleithen – the trails are pish yet full of mincers.

Jimbo
    Free Member

East Norfolk – simply no trails.

Really nowhere to ride at all. Have to trek down to Thetford. All this countryside I thought there’d be trails on my doorstep.

I see you East Norfolk and raise you Essex! At least you’re far away from London and have the broads to go play boats with…

trailmonkey

South West England. Rubbish.

druidh
    Free Member

Scotland. It’s rubbish. You have to drive along little windy roads to get anywhere and you can ride all day without seeing another soul to stop and pass the time of day with.

Richyb
    Free Member

London

ski
    Free Member

Muddy, do you know where in Worcestershire the cyclist were?

eviljoe
    Free Member

trailmonkey- dunno what you are complaining about

unless you live in Dorset or cornwall….

sodafarls
    Free Member

Northern Ireland. What a **** waste.

rOcKeTdOg

where in Worcestershire?more bad news for Worcs

rOcKeTdOg

luckily half the time i live 10 mins ride from The Lickeys so don’t need to leave a car but in summer the place is well dodgy after 5pm, certainly improves your sprinting!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Worst place to ride in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.