Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Worst London easyjet airport to fly from?
  • geoffj

I usually reeeeelax on the chuff chuff, but I need a quicker return to Embra.
    I hate Gatwick
    I hate Luton
    I really hate Stansted

So Gatwick or Luton for accessibility, queues, general better karma?

TIA

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

luton

carparks are close, railway station has frequent bus link

gatwick is the worst airport in the world that i’ve been too

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Gatwick would be my choice of the two. GatwicK Express is clean and efficient, there’s a few decent places for a coffee (Unless you ahve lounge access)

atlaz
    Free Member

Luton and Stanstead. They feel remote from London, even taking Gatwick into account and they’re crap when anything goes wrong at all, no matter how small.

I had a negative opinion about Gatwick until I was there at Christmas a few years back. Masterful managing of queues that a couple of weeks before had crippled Heathrow.

djglover
    Free Member

I’d never fly from anywhere other than heathrow, but then it is a 20 minute tube ride into the terminal for me and I really hate all those other airports with a passion

Garry_Lager

Don’t mind the BA north terminal at Gatwick but the south terminal is a shithole. Massive queueing both to check in at easyjet and to clear security. Then everyone sits by the shops as they wait for the gate to be put up.

Don’t use Luton often – found the airport OK but you’ve got a bit of a train journey getting there, wait for the bus connection etc.

andym
    Free Member

I’d say Gatwick was the easiest to get to from central London – either from victoria or on the Thameslink from St Paul’s or London Bridge etc.

Is ‘Embra’ -Edinburgh? If so are you sure the time saving is worth it – 45 mins to get to the airport from central London, a couple of hours hours for queueing, getting through security and generally farting around, a good half hour to get into central Edinburgh. At most you’d save a couple of hours (though it depends on where you live).

skidartist
    Free Member

Add up the time it takes to get to the airport, queue through checkin/security/boarding, fly, then get form the airport into edinburgh. The train might still be quicker if you are going between city centres.

crazy-legs

I’ve never had a problem with any of the airports, they’re all easy by public transport, regular free buses to both Luton and Stansted from their respective stations.
    I’d still choose train though for the direct city – city ease and the lack of airport stress.

nickc

Luton. Small enough to be “not a massive PIA” large enough to have decent selection of diversions if you’re delayed.

twohats
    Free Member

geoffj – Member

I usually reeeeelax on the chuff chuff, but I need a quicker return to Embra.
    I hate Gatwick
    I hate Luton
    I really hate Stansted

FFS, they’re airports, they serve a purpose, get over it.

geoffj

andym – you’ve probably got a point about the times.

Joe

Gatwick is a dirty shit hole with loads of queues and miles away from north london where the civilised people. Luton is so so so painfree on the m1 or thameslink.

geoffj

FFS, they’re airports, they serve a purpose, get over it.

FFS its a forum for discussing things, get over it 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Worst London easyjet airport to fly from?’ is closed to new replies.