Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 529 total)
  • Worst. Film. Ever.
  • julians
    Free Member

Black panther is terrible

DezB
    Free Member

Agree, Black Panther is poor, but it’s extremely far from the thread title.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I may have been a bit premature judging Fatman

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Helvellyn

After sitting through all 2 hours 30 minutes

dannymite1981
    Free Member

War of the worlds.Tom cruises massively annoying kids version!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Alien Covenant is just as bad

I didn’t but this is the only film that made me want to walk out the cinema, let’s do away with any decent plot and creative writing and make everyone really stupid. “Oh it’s an alien egg I should probably take a look inside.”

Buuuutttt, the answer to the big question is Polar, a soulless vacuous heap of dung with no redeeming qualities.

funkmasterp

I watched the latest Robin Hood the other night. Don’t judge me! I couldn’t sleep and have pretty much seen everything that’s worth watching on Netflix. It was dire and pointless. I don’t understand why a good Robin Hood film can’t be made. All the elements are already in place, but we’ve never had a solid Hood movie.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Holmes and Watson. Yup I’ve read the reviews, but it popped up on Netflix yesterday. been out for a long ride, few beers on board and feeling like I fancied some brain out entertainment stuck it, after all how bad could it be?!

Very. I lasted 10 minutes, and only because I was out the room for 5 of them

squirrelking
    Free Member

The watchmen. Worst comedy ever. Then someone told me it’s not a comedy which made me wonder what it was supposed to be.

What comedies do you watch? I once got convinced to watch Man Bites Dog as a comedy, that was similarly uncomfortable.

The 1989 Tim Burton Batman movie (and its sequels). Just, Plain. Terrible.

Wash your mouth out! There was only one sequel (by Burton) as well, the other two were Joel Schumacher, both of which were utter pish and not much better than the effort by Zack Snyder for that matter.

Cougars description of Highlander 2 could well be Alien 3, same sad story.

aP
    Free Member

Harlem Nights – 20 minutes in I was in the pub round the corner.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Happy Feet

Worst seasonal film by a country mile is Nativity 2.

martinhutch

Are you me? You’ve just triggered a long-erased memory of doing exactly the same thing. 🙂

Jakester
    Free Member

Holmes and Watson. Yup I’ve read the reviews, but it popped up on Netflix yesterday. been out for a long ride, few beers on board and feeling like I fancied some brain out entertainment stuck it, after all how bad could it be?!

Very. I lasted 10 minutes, and only because I was out the room for 5 of them

Seconded. I like bad films. I enjoyed Talladega Nights. This was so dire I didn’t make it more than 10 minutes in.

DrP

Watched Hereditary for the 1st time tonight. That’s a strong candidate. Utter shit. What’s the point in a horror film that isn’t scary, creepy or unsettling

I watched that on advice ofa work colleague.
    Not scary. Just odd. Silly odd.
    Like, why did the headless woman just float up into the tree house at the end?
    At no point did that move fit in or make sense.
    Odd.

DrP

trailwagger
    Free Member

Yesterday I sat on the couch after consuming a massive roast dinner and put on “Mad Max – Beyond the Thunderdome”
    This was the first time I would of watched it since its original release when I was probably about 10. I remember a stylish, dark, edgy film set in a post apocalyptic world. What I actually got was a camp, silly dose of nonsense that was so dire I fell asleep after half an hour.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I won’t watch it again, but I remember watching it, probably too young when I was a young Teenager than I thought it was great. I’m sure it’s not.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

When i was younger i always liked the Kickboxer film starring Jean Claude Van Dame

Last night i was flicking through some films to watch and came across Kickboxer 4 The Agressor.

Holy shit, this was the worst film i have ever seen in storyline, acting, fight scenes and makeup.

Tong Po looked like his face had melted

harthill
    Free Member

The River Wild with Meryl Streep.
    Cliffhanger with Stallone as a climber – really?
    Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Liked the book. Tried to watch film three times now and no matter how many awards it won, I can’t get past 30 mins before falling asleep!
    Anything with Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson. Total knucklehead, steroid mutant cheesy CGI drivel. Makes Statham seem classy!

richmtb

Anything with Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson.

He wouldn’t be my go to for quality acting but there’s nothing wrong with either Moana or Jumanji.

Alien3

Its kind of the poster child for “development hell” There is a good film in there somewhere, but definitely not up on the screen.

I think the chances of a film being any good are inversely proportion to the number of writers involved raised to the power of the number of directors who have been linked to the “project”

funkmasterp

Holmes and Watson.

Third vote for this. I made it as far as the courtroom bit, so about eight minutes in. I’ll watch any old shite too.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Alien3

Its kind of the poster child for “development hell” There is a good film in there somewhere, but definitely not up on the screen.

I think the chances of a film being any good are inversely proportion to the number of writers involved raised to the power of the number of directors who have been linked to the “project”

I’ve often thought that the Alien ‘character’ / formula is so good, it’s one of those thing it seems almost impossible to make a bad film from, but somehow it’s had a lot more misses than hits.

Development Hell as you say certainly is a part of it, and ‘too many cooks’. I doubt that there will ever be another good Alien film. It’s actually a great franchise for a reboot as the ‘star’ is the Monster, not the Human characters per-se, as good as Ripley was.

What it needs though is restraint, the Xenomorph is scariest when it’s shown in shadow, hidden in the sort organic/technology hybrid claustrophobic environment it builds, not when it’s running around in broad daylight.

sillyoldman

Perhaps not the worst ever, but for highly over-rated schmaltzy thoroughly predictable pish, see Shawshank Redemption, or better still, don’t see it.

CheesybeanZ

Brawl in cell block 99
    Vince Vaughn , truly awful

anagallis_arvensis

for highly over-rated schmaltzy thoroughly predictable pish, see Shawshank Redemption, or better still, don’t see it

How odd

joepud
    Free Member

Black panther is terrible

Some movies are more than just movies. i will leave it at that.

nickc

see Shawshank Redemption, or better still, don’t see it.

Agreed, awful film, no idea why it’s so popular.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought Black Panter was ok, one of the few of those type I’ve managed to sit through with my son

willard

Alien 3 is not a bad film. I agree that the xenomorphs in the original Alien and Aliens are far better in their use of sudden movement from hiding (and that the premise of the dog/alien hybrid) is not exactly brilliant, but it could be worse.

In fact, it was worse… they made Alien Resurrection which is, by any chalk, a far, far worse film and the worst of any involving creatures/characters from that universe, including Prometheus.

It may not be the worst film ever, but it is the worst Alien film ever.

Spin
    Free Member

The stupid is strong with this thread.

flyingpotatoes
    Free Member

She Dies Tomorrow.
    Awful film. Don’t watch it. But if you like to see someone having a panic attack for 90 minutes then fill yet boots

It’s all subjective though. I thought Black Panther was ok.

bigG
    Free Member

Tenet, watched it over the weekend. Feels like Nolan’s now making vanity projects rather than commercial movies.

pondo

Agreed, awful film, no idea why it’s so popular.

Seriously?

Brawl in cell block 99

That’s pretty bad. 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Brawl in cell block 99

I’d be surprised if i haven’t mentioned that on this thread. I think I left a review on imdb for it. Apart from how unintentionally funny it is, yeah it is one of the worst films I’ve ever seen.

IHN

MrsIHN likes a ‘kick-ass-lady film’, and last week we had watched Ava on Netflix, being drawn in by said kick-ass-lady plot and a cast including Jessica Chastain, John Malkovich, Colin Farrell and Geena Davis.

Holy crap, it’s really properly dreadful.

nickc

Seriously?

yep, it’s a terrible film full of 1 dimensional characters, and instead of a plot makes do with a series of movie tropes and cliches. There are maybe 2 scenes that are any good  (roof top drinking and escape) the rest is all; prisoners with hearts of gold, and a white saviour who plays Mozart, educates the poor inmates and  who poses literally “Christ like” at the end.But most unforgiving of all though is the **** narration; any film that feels the constant need to tell you what’s happening has failed film school 101

franksinatra

I always thought the worse film ever was Life of Brian, never even questioned this absolute fact. Like watching a bunch of toffs in a university Am Dram club overacting a script they made up in the pub with jokes that only they get. I thought that until my wife made me watch Emma at the weekend.

Wow, an entire film where nothing happens, absolutely nothing. No laughs, no tension, no drama, no naked ladies. Literally nothing happened. It was time I will never get back.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

MrsIHN likes a ‘kick-ass-lady film’, and last week we had watched Ava on Netflix, being drawn in by said kick-ass-lady plot and a cast including Jessica Chastain, John Malkovich, Colin Farrell and Geena Davis.

Holy crap, it’s really properly dreadful.

Agreed. I’m happy that Luc Bresson got Anna right in all the ways this didn’t.

pondo

…a white saviour who plays Mozart, educates the poor inmates and  who poses literally “Christ like” at the end.

That’s… That’s a little bit the point? He’s not supposed to be there, he’s totally a fish out of water? I’m not gonna change your mind, people are free to like or not like what they choose – but… Worst film ever? 🙂

IHN

I’d partially agree with the criticism of Shawshank; I wouldn’t say it was awful, but I would say that it’s awfully overrated.

Then again, I’d say the same about Alien. It’s good, but it’s not all that.

nickc

Yeah there have been some terrible adaptations of Emma over the years, I think the one with Gweneth Paltrow being the worst. Clueless is quite funny though, and a pretty good version 👍

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 529 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.