Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Worst album covers
  • matt_outandabout

Not completely work safe. Browse with caution and amusement.

Oh. My.

🤣🤣🤣

http://www.stevecarter.com/albumcovers.htm

(Found while looking for the cottage in Sheildaig link..!)

martinhutch

Probably a bit harsh to see Kevin Rowland popping up in that assortment.

johndoh
    Free Member

I thought these were all made up until I saw the W.A.S.P. and Manowar ones. Jeez

sirromj

The one with the tuba is in the wrong list.

drlex
    Free Member

I was just checking in to add a link to the Kevin Rowland LP but see that it’s included. Some absolute belters there, and used to have the Heino one as a profile pic on another forum.

v7fmp

a few more in here….

https://loudwire.com/most-controversial-hard-rock-metal-album-covers/

some NSFW and of a slightly different style to the first list… which by the way, were weird and wonderful in equal measure!

ads678

Seen that a few times before but I always forget about it unitl the next time it pops up. love it.

Dangerous Dave! The turntable slave!!

IHN

I found that delight of a site years ago and for quite a while this was my Facebook picture 🙂

creakingdoor
    Free Member

I have no words!

nickc

The 50’s/60’s Christian Revivalist Movement in the US has a lot to answer for when it comes to keyboards being ruined by tea.

thols2

All time champion.

Honorable mention.

IdleJon

All time champion.

No, because it’s intentional. The best ones are where they are unintentionally awful.

Dickyboy

All time champion

We passed a farm in Wales last week, advertising “rams & females for sale” and wondered why it didn’t say ewes instead?

llama

Gary.

funkmasterp

No, because it’s intentional. The best ones are where they are unintentionally awful.

the back is great as it’s the same guy eating lamb chops. Also, knew ManoWar would be on the list. Better at being Spinal Tap than Spinal Tap

the-muffin-man

tthew

Took me a couple of years to move past the Suede, Dog Man Star cover and actually buy/listen to the album. Which is a belter even now.

thelawman

“The best of Wayne Newton” about 3/4 of the way down had me in stitches, just brilliant 🤣

MSP

brought to you by the hebdon trouser company

http://www.stevecarter.com/wac55.jpg

stwhannah had hoped her past life in Germany would never be revealed.

http://www.stevecarter.com/worstalbumcovers24.jpg

joshvegas
    Free Member

Which commandment specifically forbids shagging out with immediate family?

doris5000

big bear - doin thangs

doris5000

Could have picked any number of pen&pixel album covers really.

And let’s not forget Trick Daddy’s classic http://www.thug.com, for a futuristic vision of what gangsta rap on the information superhighway could have been

trick daddy - www.thug.com

reeksy

What no Chumbawumba?

davosaurusrex

Loving Gary too!

I think “Watch over my little girl” and “Julie’s 16th birthday” were the most worrying….

DrJ

Why are there only three members (fnarr fnarr) in the Dick Handler Quartet ?

augustuswindsock

Nice to see Rolf Harris getting a mention, whatever happened to him?

desperatebicycle

They are hilarious! My pussy is for daddy? amazing
    I saw this in the rack outside a record shop. I took a photo, but wish I’d bought it.

thols2

Did not age well.

CountZero

Good thing I got some alcohol in today, I’m going to need something to help me sleep after going through that little lot! 🫣😱

jkomo

I remember the WASP album, it was pretty tongue in cheek at the time I thought. Park of their OTT schtick.
    Also met a Manny from Manowar once, he was driving a car (a pretty cool older town car) my Dad had sent to pick me and my brother up from JFK as he couldn’t be bothered. My brother and I both had long hair, due to our respective rave/metal preferences. Manny asks if we mind if he removes his drivers uniform cap, as he sees our long hair and figures we don’t.
    Anyhow, he asks if we know the Brixton Academy cos he played there, of course we exclaim WTF or something similar. So yeah he’s one of the Manowar guys. Really nice guy, still playing in Germany obvs (1990’s) and getting royalty cheques.
    ‘We are Manowar, we fear nothing’

doris5000

Also met a Manny from Manowar once, he was driving a car (a pretty cool older town car) my Dad had sent to pick me and my brother up from JFK as he couldn’t be bothered.

Am I reading this right? Your dad employed a member of Manowar as a chauffeur??

jkomo

Not really, he booked a driver who was the Manowar guy.
    I guess as many musicians/ artists do he had a pay the bills kind of job to fill in between royalty cheques or gigs. I wish we had a camera back then.

thols2

tazzymtb

most of the folks on those album covers look like singeltrack readers and forumites as “normal people” would see us!!

scotroutes

Pipe smoking cleric?

ac603

I think we know him under another name…

funkmasterp

Pipe Smoking Cleric would be a good band or album name

dyna-ti

funny-bad-album-covers-1

dyna-ti

funny-bad-album-covers-14

dyna-ti

funny-bad-album-covers-21

dyna-ti

funny-bad-album-covers-35

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.