Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Worsley Woods
  • monksie
    Free Member

Any decent riding in there? Recommended or rubbish? Waymarked, obvious or find your own?
    We have quite a group of riders forming at work and as it’s only a 4 mile bike ride from us, we could go before or after work.

Bregante

Not aware of anything other than the linear walkway (old railway line) which runs sttaight from farnworth to monton and was my commute for most of last year. I did see some lads pushing dh bikes on the odd occasion but any runs would be very short and steep – around the greenleach lane area.

I did a parkrun there this weekend which took in some of the footpaths off the main walkway but I cant see them being much fun on a bike. Phillips park/ Clifton country park would be a better bet.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Someone mention Lucy?? 😆

1-shed
    Free Member

Where are you cycling from? I’m local would be happy to join in for a ride. Brengate is right though there may be better destinations.

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks Bregante. We’ll give it a miss then.
    1 shed. We ride from my house in Marple at 8:00am on Wednesday’s for two hours and then drive to work at Trafford Park for an 11:00 am start or I ride up the canal to National Cycling Centre and have a mess around on Clayton Vale before work.
    Any early morning or after 8:00pm night rides we can do from Trafford Park would be mint if you’d be so kind?
    Thanks very much.

Bregante

If you’re at Trafford park theres plenty of off road mileage to be had from the trans-pennine trail and in and around Sale Water Park. There’s not much in the way of elevation but there are a couple of nice bits and I can easily put together a 15mile ride without a single road.

Give us a shout if you fancy it.

Otherwise you sound like perfect candidates for the Prestwich Chapter of the Monday Night Pub rides 8)

monksie
    Free Member

I ride up the side of the Mersey and back twice a week Bregante. Some interesting diversions could save my sanity and give the others a different ride as well! Excellent! Thanks!
    We don’t finish work until after 8:00pm and some of us don’t drive so I doubt we could make it to Prestwich, sadly.

Bregante

Drop us an email, in profile.

1-shed
    Free Member

Use the canal up to Monton, go along Monton rd after the Park hotel turn left at the bus stop. Up a little path carry on under Quaker Bridge you will come to a foot bridge go over that, carry go through 2 A gates after the second turn right after 20 yards onto a small group of trees and then 1st left this path takes to the side of Swinton Park Golf course. Go under the east lancs follow the path uphill and will bring you out at Springwood school. Turn left onto Barton road then right onto Manchester road carry on till Hospital road go up there till you get to Ranelagh road.You’ll see Agecroft road go down that until you go over the Irwell and your at the start sustrans route which will bring you to the trails at Phillips park. I’ve been out with the Monday night group and they are a good friendly bunch. You can contact me in profile. Cheers 1 shed.

1-shed
    Free Member

Just seen your latest post the route I’ve posted takes 20 minutes from Monton to the start at Agecroft.

robj20
    Free Member

Just don’t go to Worsley Woods on a saturday morning, i was there last weekend and it was full of annoying selfish runner, they weren’t for keeping to a side just using the entire paths as if no one else were there.

They have recently tarmaced the main paths in the woods as well, but there are some good hidden bits with some jumps, and a couple of small sections of single track.
    I do a big loop from Swinton, down agecroft along Drinkwater park to Clifton then down to Worsley Woods then Monton and back to sSinton its a good ride with minimal ride riding.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Worsley Woods’ is closed to new replies.