Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Worms
  • bigginge

Sorry for the faux mumsnet post but TinyGinge looks like she has worms again. Yay.

Anyone have any magic soothing spells to help calm the itching and get her sleeping better until the ovex can kick in? I’ve been told strong liquor isn’t an option.

convert

A grenade lobbed at a very high angle with medium high power?

Not those kind of worms?

jamesy01
    Free Member

Uhhhh, youngest used to get them frequently. A combination of being a thumb sucker and a live of digging in the mud.
    I used to pop a dab of Sudocrem on the “area” until the Ovex kicked in and it seemed to help him get a decent nights kip.
    The wife would them go on a mad cleaning spree of bedding, towels, soft furnishings, toys etc.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

A grenade lobbed at a very high angle with medium high power?

Not those kind of worms?

You’ll regret that!

Yak

Yeah, it’s the thumb sucking that needs to stop or the fecal-oral infection route will continue. My youngest used to thumb suck up until she infected her thumb from her mouth. The thumb went very swollen and green and needed a puss drain slot cut for a week’s worth of puss squeezing. That stopped the thumb sucking.

Anyway worms, better than head lice.

bigginge

A combination of being a thumb sucker and a live of digging in the mud

Same here, she still sucks her fingers but loves to get into anything and everything she can get her hands on. Suspect this won’t be the last time this happens but a dab of sudocrem (luckily we don’t have any cats in the house) sounds like a good shout so will give that a try tonight. Ta.

Might have to see if I can find a copy of the other worms for her big brother to try too.

poly
    Free Member

1. we used to slather the affected area in Vaseline.
    2. We also used to administer piriton (syrup) which helps stop the itch (also useful when they get chicken pox)

pocpoc
    Free Member

Also worth keeping a stock of Ovex in the house. Our thumb sucker is still prone to the occasional bout and inevitably you always find out late at night when everywhere is shut.

Drac

Incoming!

Sui
    Free Member

The wife would them go on a mad cleaning spree of bedding, towels, soft furnishings, toys etc.

oh god, i dread it when there’s some form of virus that’s entered the house (or not as the case may be) – Im surprised a. our washing machine still works, b. our drains must spotless with the amount of bleach that’s been used..

StirlingCrispin

Ovex – You need to dose the whole family.
    And a 60C wash of all bedding.

H once got an infection late Xmas Eve. First in the emergency pharmacy queue on Boxing Day, including a dose for the MIL.

Happy Memories.

MSP

Time for a sing along

You can only get worms from eating pork….

Harry_the_Spider

Bum Fairies!

My youngest was terrible for them and The Head Monsters.

Sudocrem and many largely ignored lectures about hand washing.

13thfloormonk

You’ll regret that!

Better yet with the optional Monty Python or Beavis and Butthead sound files 😎

“I fart in your general direction!”

“Cut it out butt-munch!”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Worms’ is closed to new replies.