Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • World Cup Draw
  • rogermoore

In my dream last night, I saw England getting drawn against Brazil and Italy in this afternoon’s World Cup Draw. If I am right I will reward myself with Beer.
    RM.

deadslow

…..we got Italy you get half a beer

cloudnine
    Free Member

Not gonna win a single match. Woy had better start preparing some excuses now.

Rockape63
    Free Member

C’mon Engerland…..its only the eyeties and er…..SUAREZ!! OOER! 😯

RichPenny
    Free Member

£10 on Gerrard to hobble Suarez in an early May training session 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

England v Italy, Saturday 14 June 2am… looking forward to it already!

theotherjonv

If we harbour ambitions to do well in worldcups, we have to be able to beat better teams than Italy and Uruguay.

RichPenny
    Free Member

I would count doing well as getting to quarterfinal stage. There are only 5 teams ranked higher than Uruguay and Italy, so it is a tough group to get out of.

wrightyson
    Free Member

That England Italy game is gonna be very interesting out in town! Mayhem comes to mind whether it be win lose or draw!

cloudnine
    Free Member

Hodgson finalises World Cup excuses formation

ENGLAND manager Roy Hodgson has settled on a first eleven excuses for failure at next year’s World Cup.
    The excuses, which blend experience with a few exciting debutants, will represent their country when it performs catastrophically in Brazil.

Outlining his formation, Hodgson said: ”Up front we’ve got the tiring Premier League season and injuries to key players, which we’re hoping and praying come through in the spring when we need them most.

“On the wing we’re blaming the climate of the host country, which may be new and untried now but we’ve got to learn to rely on because it’ll be absolutely crucial in Qatar.

“In midfield we’ll be blaming Gerrard and Lampard’s failure to gel, though not without some sadness as that’s the last time we’ll be able to use an excuse from the Golden Generation.

“At the back, we’ve got the classic combination of the Brazilian nightlife and the distraction of the WAGs, who have promised me they’re going to shop like they’ve never shopped before.

“And between the sticks, Joe Hart.”

Hodgson added: “Failing to plan for failure is planning for failure to fail.

“I won’t fall into the trap of Capello, spending all his time working on making the team better and leaving the press with no option but to pin the whole thing on him.

“England fans are relying on me to give them the excuses that will turn a miserable showing into a hard-fought moral victory for the team.”

dannyh
    Free Member

To win the World Cup you have to beat really good teams at some point anyway.

England are not good enough to win the World Cup.

So what’s the fuss?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Hodgson added: “Failing to plan for failure is planning for failure to fail.

WTF ?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Kick off at 2am? Really??

#yawns#

trailmonkey

i like the draw.

it will feel like 3 knock out games before the knock out phase even begins. much better for england than games where the press have already decided that we should/will win.

we’ll do well to progress.

Harry_the_Spider

Home within 2 weeks.

edhornby

We never win anyway, at least they’ll spend less time going on about it in the papers

grannygrinder
    Free Member

I think we’ll do ok, providing Hodgson grows a pair and leaves all he OAP’s at home and takes the young blood ie 3/4 f the under 21’s squad!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘World Cup Draw’ is closed to new replies.