Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • World Cup DH tickets sold out
  • robarnold
    Free Member

World Cup virgin here so please go easy.

Decided for definite that we are going up next weekend on the Friday afternoon and camping at Glencoe as all Fort Bill sites are full.

Have looked at booking tickets and all the pre pay ones are sold out. It says “some” are available on the gate on the website. How many is “some”?? We hope to be ready to rock and roll first thing Saturday so can be there pretty early.

Having never been up there or to any World Cup before do you have to buy a ticket to watch the racing? I’m not averse to spending the money on a ticket but if we get turned away can we still watch? We are happy to hike up if needs be.

I don’t want to drive six hours only to be turned away with our tails between our legs.

Cheers in advance

thegreatape
    Free Member

It would be more of a hike round and/or over, than just up.

BoardinBob

You’ll be fine to get general entry tickets on the day. The gondola tickets may have sold out but you can still get into the arena so you can see the finish plus you can hike up the course

fatoldgit

You should be fine paying on the day,

You’ll be around the finish area right away and the village, tech area etc
    Gondola on Sunday will be another thing altogether so prepare for a hike if you want to go up the coursE.

Single trip gondola tickets may well be available for Saturday practice, if so get em right away, go up the hill and walk down,

iain1775
    Free Member

You will be fine for general admission, may not get on gondola but can walk up the track anyway
    No need to camp at glencoe either, Glen Nevis campsite just outside Fort William normally keeps some camping spots back for people that turn up on the day, or there is ‘Wild camp’ right at the bottom of the forest road you hike up to get the the WC village that is turn up and pay on day only
    https://www.facebook.com/wildhighlandsgathering/

robarnold
    Free Member

Spoke to Glen Nevis campsite this morning. The woman said they’re full so don’t bother.

Thanks for the replies all round, allays my concerns somewhat

hainman
    Free Member

3 years on the trot I’ve bought my ticket at the gate,as for camping,theres plenty places you could pitch up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘World Cup DH tickets sold out’ is closed to new replies.