• This topic has 78 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by atlaz.
Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • World Champs road race weekend
  • MSP

Popular among the other cyclists as well looking at the congratulations at the end.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Lol at the presentation announcer 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Loving the wrestling style/trailer voice over type announcer

hilldodger
    Free Member

And ceremonial trumpets!!

theotherjonv

He is mad though isn’t he? Statements on the refugee crisis followed by being caught out by an unexpected trick question about the race!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Awe, superb.

Even watching in the car with a dodgy reception on my way home and you could probably hear whoops on the A1…

The
    Sum
    Of
    Awe.

Good lad.

butcher

Right on the edge of my seat watching that. I felt exhausted just watching.

RepackRider
    Free Member

Must be a spot of bother choosing which championship jersey to train in.

mcnultycop

Made up for him. Top rider, with personality.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not mad i thought it was a touching comment that showed he does not live in a bubble

The not getting that the question was about the race was funny though.

butcher

He does look a bit mad though.

stanfree
    Free Member

Fantastic and surely the most popular cycling world champ since Steve Peat won the downhills all those years ago.

MrOvershoot

Just for Realman 😉

MSP

The commentary was much better not having Ligget talking bollocks, Boardman is always insightful and knowledgeable, the women seemed to know her onions as well but not sure about the other bloke, seemed to be constantly 20 seconds behind CB and then comment on the same thing as if it hadn’t already been mentioned..

brakes
    Free Member

legend!
    I didn’t know what the hell he was on about – thought he was talking about the Euro currency then figured it might be about the state of his own nation… shame that the commentator couldn’t give a crap about what he said anyway which is why I think Sagan was confused about a question related to the race.

and fair play to Stannard – he gave it his best, but it would have taken an epic effort for a unit, such that he is, to take that one. which is I guess why he went from a long way out.

mikey74
    Free Member

I think he was mainly referring to the refugee crisis. Eurosport commentary was pretty good.

eddie11
    Free Member

Two great days. two great winners. Men’s u23 was a good race too but I’ve no idea who any of them were so hard to get too involved once doul fell off. What a great course.

But one thing I still don’t know is why is Virginia for lovers?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Been avoiding this thread, only just caught up. Brilliant stuff, the way he won it, after so many near misses. Love it.

theotherjonv

I mean mad in a good way, I’m not criticising him.

mikey74
    Free Member

Apparently it started out as “Virginia is for History lovers” or “Virginia is for mountain lovers” etc etc, when trying to come up with a marketing slogan for tourism, but they felt it was too limiting, so they just went with “Virginia is for lovers”.

TooTall
    Free Member

I took my daughter along to see the race today. We were at the top of Libby Hill for a few laps. What a fantastic atmosphere, crowds from far and wide and a superb race to top off an amazing couple of weeks here in RVA.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

That Aussie rider (Hayman maybe?) looks a bit porky. Id hate to see what i would look like in that kit!

Anyway great race, and what a performance from Sagan.

chakaping
    Free Member

Great end to a great weekend.

No more coming second jokes for a while now then.

😀

karlwoof
    Free Member

Superb race, watched the last 150km and was surprised at how soon it all kicked off.

Great times as my random punt on navardauskas came in at 80/1 – well happy with that.

mj27
    Free Member

Watched it live, had to stop doing the ironing at 46km out as it was so good.

Really pleased for Sagan, you could see how much it meant to him and he rode a great tactical race. Crossing the line, throwing things into the crowd, congratulations from other riders….

A worthy, respected and well liked champion.

Only a wheelie over the line could have made it better.

I think he is my man crush, I love the way he carries himself on and off the bike.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Sexy win for a sexy man. Chapeau for bringing up the problems with the world before discussing his race win too, in fact he seemed pretty uninterested in discussing his win at all!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Still loving this result…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Epic, still brings a huge smile to my face.

😀

Dude.

chakaping
    Free Member

I did a meme to express my happiness and admiration…

mrblobby
    Free Member
    TooTall
    Free Member
    ampthill

Good races Saturday and Sunday, just brilliant

The tension of both finishes was incredible

hilldodger
    Free Member

looking good….

darthshearer
    Free Member

White shorts

If anyone can pull it off, its him

brakes
    Free Member

I’d rather he left them on

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Weird that he used to always ride a Venge…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Tarmac seems to be the bike of choice at the moment. Nibali seemed to do ok on his on the weekend too.

darthshearer
    Free Member

I’d rather he left them on

😆

atlaz
    Free Member

Tarmac seems to be the bike of choice at the moment.

He rides the Tarmac for the majority of races, Venge for sprint finishes. He’s even done bike swaps at the end of stages so he’s ridden the tarmac for most of the day.

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘World Champs road race weekend’ is closed to new replies.