Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Workstands?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

What are we all using these days?

I need a new one, and after some recommendations please.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I use the cheap-ish one that I got from Edinburg Bikes years ago – was branded “Coyote” but was a generic one sold under many guises.
    Is ok, but I weight down the legs so it doesn’t wobble about.

kcal

Can’t fault the Ultimate workstand I have. Pricey, but got my folks to buy it as a birthday present 🙂 They may be called something else these days, but stable, portable, handy tray and works well.

LBS have borrowed mine in the past to take to race days..

— Feedback Sports I think they’re now listed under.
    Recommended.

kayak23

I get on well with a slightly modified Lidl one. I just added a bolt in the clamp pivot to stop it turning due to weight. Spot on for 30 notes.

scandal42
    Free Member

Checked out my mates Aldi one last night, was excellent for the money.

mogrim

I have a Decathlon one, supports the bike under the bottom bracket rather than clamping to the seat post. Works fine, can’t fault it – though I’ve not tried the other type so can’t compare.

bigblackshed

To a point you get what you pay for. Although for shear value for money for the home tinkerer, the Aldi or Lidl ones work perfectly well. My Lidl one has lasted about 5 years.

chvck
    Free Member

I have a Decathlon one, supports the bike under the bottom bracket rather than clamping to the seat post.

I hadn’t realised those existed. Just had a google and looks ideal for my bike as it doesn’t fit in the normal type.

edlong
    Free Member

I’ve got the Park one that folds down (relatively) small – PCS-10 ?

Bloody good bit of kit, but it’s several times the price of the supermarket ones, and I’m not sure that it’s several times better.

peachos
    Free Member

the other Decathelon one is great too. very sturdy for £50!

RustyMac

One of my work mates just got one of these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professional-360-Home-Mechanic-Bike-Bicycle-Cycle-Repair-Stand-Workstand-New-/141028788524?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_BikeLocks_SR&hash=item20d5f8892c

not a lot more than the lidl or aldi ones but seems to engineer out some of the minor quibbles with them.

He is very happy with it.

Pigface
    Free Member

I got a Sealey one recently £20 ex display and mates rates, amazing for the money.

ratadog

— Feedback Sports I think they’re now listed under.
    Recommended.

+1

I tried others and found them unstable, faffy or short lived. Feedback sports one has now survived 4 bike builds and lots of maintenance and looks no different to new.

benji
    Free Member

Got the one from fat spanner, local bike shop had them in, wish I had bought one years ago, so much easier, and ideal for post cross race washing as well.

chiefinspector
    Free Member

There is one on Sportpurist just now for £54.00 reduced from £110. It’s a Roto Advanced Home Mechanics Work Stand. Never come across this type before but it seems like an ok deal, unless of course somebody has anything bad to say about them?????

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Workstands?’ is closed to new replies.