Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Workstand Recommendations Please
  • funkmasterp

As per the title really. I’m fed up of wrestling with the bike on the patio and figured it’s about time I purchased a workstand. Any particular recommendations for a good budget one?

lotto
    Free Member

Park PCS 9.2. Does everything I need it to. Always seems to have a bike in it and does everything I need it to admirably.

iainc

I’m selling an immaculate Park PCS 10 for £85 incl tool tray etc, however given the weight, it’s pickup only, Glasgow…

funkmasterp

Thanks iainc, but Glasgow is a bit too far unfortunately.

montylikesbeer

I picked up a Eufab EufabProfessional 4-legged bicycle workstand of amazon for less than £50 and is ok.

It’s not as good as the Park one I sold a few years ago but it’s ok for the hobbiest I guess

trail_rat
    Free Member

Feedback sports.the sport if you must.

#edit maybe not the cost of the sport is more than I paid for the pro many many many moons ago.mind.

nicknameless
    Free Member

Get the Park. Buy cheap, buy twice – that’s what I did.

funkmasterp

Thanks all, the Park looks like the one then.

mulacs

Another Feedback fan here

tails
    Free Member

Both park and feedback are best. Think feedback probably better by a smidge.

solarider
    Free Member

Having used both, Feedback Sports over Park. The quick release clamp is better, the hardware doesn’t rust if you wash your bike on the stand and it is generally more stable.

alexpalacefan

Worked professionally. The last person into the workshop had to use the Parks. And always cursed.

Harder to use.
    More difficult to fold away.
    Less robust.

Feedback every day.
    APF

luket

Going from a (very cheap, same as the generic ones sold now, and I thought quite good for the money) 2 legged (not sure if that’s what they’re called but the ones where 2 big feet fold forwards from the base) to a Feedback I was worried the tripod design might have either the central mast in the way or less stability. It doesn’t seem to at all. Also the clamp is good (I went up the range a bit for this). And as an aside I like that you don’t even have to do up the mast QR for normal use. Essentially gravity does it for you. Its weight holds it open if it’s open and folded if it’s folded.

dirkpitt74

Feedback.

leffeboy

I’ve got the feedback but not the high end one with the nice clamp. This one has a clamp that is meant to be a small turn of a knob and then the clamp slides open. It will do it every time untik there is a bike somewhere near it and then it will lock and you need to unwind it by hand which takes forever when supporting the bike with the other hand

Folds beautifully and I still prefer it to my park though

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Workstand Recommendations Please’ is closed to new replies.