Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Workstand for christmas
  • bavariangaz
    Free Member

I’ve asked for a work stand for Christmas but am unsure exactly which one to ask for. Anyone have any recommendations please? Limit of around £80.
    Thanks in advance, Gaz

headfirst
    Free Member

you cant go wrong with this, and it’s even more of a steal at the mo!

Will take a heavy old full susser no probs.

http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLqrymode.a4p?f_ProductID=5379&f_SupersetQRY=C287&f_SortOrderID=1&f_bct=c003154c003136c003544

thomthumb
    Free Member

i have the above stand. it’s fallen apart. workstand equivalent of a halfords special ime.

buy park; i wish i had.

MarkN
    Free Member

I seem to recall that there was a PSA about work stands not so long ago or am I going more senile in my old age.

eyerideit
    Free Member
    MarkN
    Free Member

Here you go. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-workstands-money-well-spent
    I knew it rang a bell..

Good luck.

headfirst
    Free Member

i have the above stand. it’s fallen apart. workstand equivalent of a halfords special ime.

Hmmm, I have that stand too, hence my recommendation. It’s not let me down at all. I’ve seen exactly the same thing with a different badge on selling for £100 or so. Unlike the £95 park one it has a quick release clamp and angle adjustment and the legs fold up ( and lock down) for easier storage.

But what do I know ,eh? 😐

EDIT: LOL, the one in the thread linked to above by Mark N is exactly the same as the EBC one!!

trickydisco
    Free Member

Hmmm, I have that stand too, hence my recommendation. It’s not let me down at all. I’ve seen exactly the same thing with a different badge on selling for £100 or so. Unlike the £95 park one it has a quick release clamp and angle adjustment and the legs fold up ( and lock down) for easier storage.

I also have the same one. Seems sturdy to me and used it for my bikes and my mates bikes

stinker
    Free Member

Wintanleys have the Park Tools stand for £80 at the mo mate.

rootes1

i got one of these:

Feedback – dead stable

they do a cheaper one:

Click click

thomthumb
    Free Member

my mate has that red one ^

it’s great.

IHN

I too have the one first linked to, and it’s been great. Highly recommended.

NJA

I just came to the forum to ask which workstand for Xmas?

EBC looks good value, decision made. Thanks Guys

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The edinburgh stand, and the minouras and others that use the same base, is not very stable. ok if you are going to put sand bags over the legs.

Get a feedback and keep it for life, or buy the edinburgh/minoura stands and then give them away in frustration and buy a feedback…

bavariangaz
    Free Member

Cheers for all the replies, ordered from EBC.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I think I’ll not bother passing on my experience on stands again as everyone ignore it anyway.

OP tell us what you get as your next stand, please 😀

trickydisco
    Free Member

Or you could be as adept as a ham fisted monkey 😀

Gnnr

I’ve got the EBC one, its fine, not LBS standard but its not meant to be.
    For the $ its standtastic.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Or you could be as adept as a ham fisted monkey

built up one bike from scratch and changed frame 3 times on another so do ok 😀

The Minoura one would have been fine with sand bags on the legs, otherwise things like taking the front wheel off would leave it very unstable and easy to tip over.

Another answer with that style of stand is to bring the bike down low so one of the wheels is in contact with the ground to aid stabilty if needed.

The Feedback is stable enough that I can rotate the bike vertical or even upside down to get at the bits of the suspension I want to work on.

jamiec360
    Free Member

I’ve got the Feedback ultralight absolutely fantastic. Saw Wiggle had it for £120 last week given their £15 off £100 spend getting it for £105 delivered is a proper Billy bargain

rootes1

The edinburgh stand, and the minouras and others that use the same base, is not very stable. ok if you are going to put sand bags over the legs.

true I testing one out (minora) with a bike in On Yer Bike in London Bridge.. very unstable. Some weights on the legs would sort it

Feedback so much better.

sam2391
    Free Member

Can reccomend the park tool home mechanic ones, tried a bike hand and it was terrible, really flexy

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I really like the one I got from Chas Olson for about £75.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Workstand for christmas’ is closed to new replies.